Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wish I could get pregnant again!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:57 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have 2 gorgeous kids who are my whole world!!!   They are from egg donor IVF.    I would really really love to have another baby but it wont happen for us.   Both DH and I are from families with 4 and 5 kids.  I always wanted at least 4 :)  I am well aware of my 2 blessings and I thank God for them everyday... but my heart yearns for another one..  It would be so wonderful if we could just get pregnant!!!!   just wanted to get that out :)   I think I really need to stop watching One Born Every Minute episodes!!!  lol 

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by Brandi on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I'm sorry mama. You are right to recognize the blessings you have, but I think it's ok to feel sad about what we feel is missing in our lives too. I hope you're soon at peace.

livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:06 AM

thanks :)  and yeah I am ok with it most times lol.   Just sometimes when I see a newborn my heart gives a bit of a tug if you kwim.    Eric was born with MAJOR MAJOR issues, to the point that it took 2 years to really know if he would live.    There was very little joy or celebration about his birth as it was just panic, stress, doctors and surgeries and hospitals.   I do feel like I missed out a LOT.  Also DD was only 15 months at his birth.   Eric is now 8 and there will be no more babies and that is ok.   I will wait for grandbabies and spoil them!!  :)

Quoting bcoll:

I'm sorry mama. You are right to recognize the blessings you have, but I think it's ok to feel sad about what we feel is missing in our lives too. I hope you're soon at peace.

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:07 AM
What is stopping you from doing IVF again?
NiCo86
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:10 AM
don't give up! I know a couple who were told they would never conceive without medical assistance, and after 12 years of trying, they got pregnant!!
livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:11 AM

we need an egg donor and dont have one :(  or we would have.   Heidi who is the egg donor to Olivia and Eric is too old to donate again.   I am in Australia and there are NO egg donors hardly at all.  you basically have to have your own

Quoting Jennyanne322:

livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM

aww thank you,  but I have Turners Syndrome and dont have any eggs.  we need an egg donor again and there are none.    Australia does not have egg donors much at all.  you need to find your own

Quoting NiCo86:

don't give up! I know a couple who were told they would never conceive without medical assistance, and after 12 years of trying, they got pregnant!!

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:16 AM
That bites. What about going to another country for it? You have no one willing to donate?

Quoting livric:

we need an egg donor and dont have one :(  or we would have.   Heidi who is the egg donor to Olivia and Eric is too old to donate again.   I am in Australia and there are NO egg donors hardly at all.  you basically have to have your own

Quoting Jennyanne322:

NiCo86
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:24 AM
my apologies for your condition! if I lived there I would GLADLY donate an egg!

I've always wanted to be a surrogate, to be honest.

Quoting livric:

aww thank you,  but I have Turners Syndrome and dont have any eggs.  we need an egg donor again and there are none.    Australia does not have egg donors much at all.  you need to find your own

Quoting NiCo86:

livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:24 AM

no, if we went out of country we would be up for aroudn$30,000 and that is just not going to happen.  I make my peace about it.  just every now and again I gets a sad :(   and no,  we dont know anyone who would donate.  I will just really spoil my grandbabies when I get them :) 

Quoting Jennyanne322:

That bites. What about going to another country for it? You have no one willing to donate?

Quoting livric:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM

oh thank you!! :)  and I would have GLADLY said yes and thank you!!  LOL   

Quoting NiCo86:

my apologies for your condition! if I lived there I would GLADLY donate an egg!

I've always wanted to be a surrogate, to be honest.

Quoting livric:

Quoting NiCo86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)