Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Babysitter horror stories!?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM
  • 89 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had our sitter watching our kids yesterday while I went to a doctors appointment. She is a newer sitter. We used her a handful of times (we rarely use a sitter). Anyhow I came home, house was destroyed. My youngest DD (almost 4) colored on my freshly painted walls with PEN and scraped the pen into the walls... she also CUT ALL of her hair off.. All while the babysitter was "watching my kids".. My oldest DD (7) told me she was on the computer the whole time. Anyone else have bad experience with a sitter?

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-bliss-
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Omg!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:36 AM

nope...the only sitter i use is my mom.

Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Oh my god id make her fix the damages that's not watching! I'm sorry no I'm not at the sitter stage buy here's a bump for more saving my spot!
daisybaby91
by lipstick on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I would be PISSED!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM
What the actual f*ck?! 0.o
Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:39 AM
What did the baby sitter have to say about that?
I had a baby sitter that had taken DS to the park. He was almost 3. He took off from the park. We have a row of baseball fields and brush for about 8 blocks. He ran 6 blocks and then some guy crossed him on the main road to get across. He went into the ice cream place and ordered ice cream. I was livid with him and the baby sitter. The field part is all torn up from ATVs and she fell while trying to chase him because of it. It was the last time she watched him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I'd. Flip. Out.

My crazy mil once dumped my pumped milk and purposely starved ds while we were at the cinema. At this point we hadnt realised she was mentally ill.
blackcat1515
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM

BUMP!

rgba
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM
When DS was two I picked him up from MILs house, and he was drinking a big mug of chai tea, and it was apparently his 3rd one.

MIL didn't believe me when I told her it was caffeinated. Until she read the box... :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Yes, with 2 different neighbor kids. 

There was a gap when I had to be somewhere and DH would be home. I asked the neighbor girl to watch ds for probably less then an hour. After I left her sister and little brother came over. The house was a mess and the brother(10) used to play way too rough with my son. yeah ds who was 2 at the time had a 4" bruise across his chest. Last time any of them have been over. 

Another time I was telling my son a sitter was coming that night. He's 4 and his sister 1 at this point. He starts telling me how he doesn't like people with black hair. The girl coming over is asian descent. So, of course I launch into the you don't judge people by the way they look. I remind him of all of the nice people he knows with black hair. Then I tell him it's ok to not like someone because of their actions but never because of their appearance. So be nice to the sitter. Then he tells me that he doesn't like her because she hits him in the face! And she hit dd(10 mos) in the face last time she was over!!!

I was livid. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)