Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is your opinion about husbands without wedding rings? EDIT...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 177 Replies

Other than having to take off the ring for work (or yard work or something).  How do you feel about husbands that don't wear their wedding ring?  Ever?!  Do you think they are hiding something, or embarrassed about being married?  Are they just lazy and using excuses?  Does your husband wear his ring 100% of the time?  

EDIT:  I said OTHER than work silly gals.  95% of the responses say work related reasons for DH's not to wear a ring.  I completely understand that!  I tell my DH that he doesn't have to wear his to work either.  He works in a warehouse and I don't want him to get hurt.  However (and this is the only thing I won't budge on) I told him from day 1 that he best never take that ring off!!  He tried the excuse that he doesn't wear jewelry, and I just told him that he will get used to it.  6 months latter he has gotten so used to it he never takes it off unless he is washing dishes, giving a tubby, in the shower or mowing the lawn.  I seem to take mine off more than he does now.  He is very sweet about it when he finds mine near the sink and brings it to me and puts it on like the day we got married.  I wasn't referring to cheating either.  Because all of you are right, ring or no ring the option to cheat is always open.  I just feel it is a symbol of commitment for the whole world to know.  Instead of me running through the mall screaming "I married my best friend and he loves me very much" the ring screams it for me lol  He has also mentioned the tattoo band, and that's ok in my book, but until he gets the tattoo you bet your ass he will be wearing that ring 24/7!!!  Maybe I'm old fashion lol  

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Mine wears his all the time, even got a titanium one so it would put up with all the things he does. I would wonder why they didn't wear it. Some I might feel are being shady, but it really would depend on the reason and more importantly the character of the man.
AmyBarr10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM
No my dh doesnt wear it ever!! I need to have my ring resized or else I would wear it all the time! I asked him he just says he doesn't like jewelry and the ring he has is heavy so I understand, he never wore jewelry before. He wanted to get it tattoed but im kinda iffy on that lol
starlight91
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:47 AM

My dh used to wear his ring all the time, well that is until he fused it to his finger at work.. Hasnt worn it since, to be quite honest I really dont care if he wears it, I know he loves me and is committed to me.

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Mine couldn't wear it at work because it could've hurt him. It never bothered me. My dad never even had one.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh has never had one. Doesnt bother me.
christina0607
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Neither me or my husband wear our wedding or engagement rings. We did for years and then slowly realized neither of us really like wearing rings.

I have no opinion them, its just as ring it doesn't mean anything.
purple_panda
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM
We've been married almost 9 years, he's never had a ring. He can't wear it at work and he works a TON. He also hates jewelry. At this point I don't have a ring either, I lost it a couple years ago while at the beach. It's just jewelry to us, not a big deal.
just_hc
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM

DH is an electrician and cannot wear a ring while working.   So he went and had my name tattooed on his ring finger.  He never wears his actual ring.

NikiOcasio
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Well my mom and dad have been married for 27 years. He wore his ring the first year of marriage and lost it and never bought another one, only because he isn't a ring guy. To me a wedding ring is a wedding ring. The man knows he is married, ring or not if he was to cheat he would do it no matter what..  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Ha! My husband got a Tungsten one for the same reason. We have been married 6 years. A couple of months ago broke in half. The jeweler didn't know what to say, she had never seen that since it is one of the strongest metals.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Mine wears his all the time, even got a titanium one so it would put up with all the things he does. I would wonder why they didn't wear it. Some I might feel are being shady, but it really would depend on the reason and more importantly the character of the man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN