Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My family is so lucky! (pics)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 699 Replies
22 moms liked this

I was talking to a Mom this morning who has NEVER seen the ocean.

I was showing her these pictures and she said my kids are so lucky. Her kids are all grown up and have also never seen the ocean.

The ocean and the beach is such a huge part of our lives.. it's crazy what we take for granted. Something as simple as living on the coast.

Who else lives near the ocean?

Anyone else have lucky kids? :)

Share your beach pics, too!

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this

you have a beautiful family.  the beach is about 4-5 hours from us and we try to go as often as we can.  honestly, though, i only go because the kids like it.  i feel no "connection" to the ocean and wouldn't care if i never saw it again.

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:05 AM
5 moms liked this

I was born in Puerto Rico and raised in FL.. the ocean is OUR LiVES! LOVE IT!!!!

kjfamily
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
The ocean is my church, my peace it's always been a big part of my life. I live about 1.5 hours from the coast but my parents own a second home there so it's like a home for us as well. We go a down a lot an I enjoy off season even more, can't stand the tourists.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I love living at the beach! We moved here when I was 14 and I never intend to move. We were supposed to go to the beach today but it is pouring here. :( Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

(We live 5 minutes from the ocean)
bcoll
by Brandi on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
3 moms liked this

We live by the Ocean too. (Boston) and I still sometimes get a moment of confusion when I hear there are people who've never seen it. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

We go to the beach every summer at least once. We have been to the beaches in Mexico, Florida and California, several times. I know famililes who have never even been on a real vacation. I think its sad. I have always been one of those parents who thinks its important for my children to travel and see other places and be educated about those places. I've been to 45 states myself. As a child my family always took vacations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM
8 moms liked this
I swear all you every post for is too brag about crap and show off a thousand pictures.
Momtogirls0823
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Love those pics!  They kinda have a vintage-y feel!  I do hope to be able to take my dds to the beach someday.  They've seen the mountains which we LOVE!  

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Nice pics , and me and my kids go to Galveston occasionally .

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

We do!  I can't imagine not living near the water.  We're in a unique spot in NYC so we're about 20~30 minutes away from the beach and about 30 minutes outside of NYC.  I never thought about it growing up, but appreciate the proximity of both to us.  The ocean is calming for me and I especially love going and walking along the boardwalk when there is a storm.  Even DD has a huge affinity for the water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN