Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gas fracturing ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
I live on the Marcellus shale ( in NY) and I don't want to sell my gas rights. I have friends in PA who have sold and gotten a nice lump of cash . I'm just to afraid of poisoned water , earthquakes , all sorts of poisons and carcinogenics and on and on...

Have you seen gas land I or II ? Do you have thoughts about it or live near any. Of it?

I can't believe our president is supporting gas fracking !! Why don't our leaders give a crap about poisoning people or protecting our resources ? It pisses me off that even though we are not selling my neighbors could and I could still suffer all of the awful consequences.

Guess I'm mostly just venting. Would like to hear from others who have dealt with it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Bump
luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM
What is it
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I'm sitting on a gas pocket and I didn't sell out to Chesapeake when they rolled through only because I didn't want there ugly ass well and pad on my land and disrupt the natural wildlife. I hunt in my woods and if the had put a pad there they deer would leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Are you also worried about all the health risks to you and the wild life? Have neighbors sold?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sitting on a gas pocket and I didn't sell out to Chesapeake when they rolled through only because I didn't want there ugly ass well and pad on my land and disrupt the natural wildlife. I hunt in my woods and if the had put a pad there they deer would leave.
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM
4 moms liked this
My husband fracs for a living. That doc was reaching so far. The fire water happened long before fracing was invented.

The practice, imo, is fairly safe. They are drilling way passed your water table and casing the well with steel and cement. They typically reuse the water they pull from way down in the earth to lubricate the operation. Everyday the process becomes more efficient.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Others natural gas stuck in the shale so they drill way way down to it and shove pressurized chemicals down to break the shale and release the gas so they can capture it and sell it. Of course there's more to it but that's a general basic description.

Quoting luckystars2012:

What is it
luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM
And this is on land you own?

Quoting Anonymous:

Others natural gas stuck in the shale so they drill way way down to it and shove pressurized chemicals down to break the shale and release the gas so they can capture it and sell it. Of course there's more to it but that's a general basic description.

Quoting luckystars2012:

What is it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Its not safe at all. They have documented water samples from Before gas drilling and can now prove that gas drilling is directly responsible for what is now unsafe drinking water.

Quoting justinnaimee:

My husband fracs for a living. That doc was reaching so far. The fire water happened long before fracing was invented.

The practice, imo, is fairly safe. They are drilling way passed your water table and casing the well with steel and cement. They typically reuse the water they pull from way down in the earth to lubricate the operation. Everyday the process becomes more efficient.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I am, this area has experienced an increase in earthquakes(thankfully all small) and yes a lot if my neighbors have sold. I have about five pads around me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you also worried about all the health risks to you and the wild life? Have neighbors sold?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I live in Binghamton NY and very anti fracking. Our beautiful state will be nothing but well pads if Cuomo approved fracking.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured