Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need help...going completely insane...kinda long...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I am sick of feeling stuck and lost. I am a SAHM to two kids, ds (2) and dd (6). I am 24 years old. I have been married for 3 years. Last year at this time, I was working full time at a law firm as an administrative assistant and getting ready for fall classes for my bachelors degree in business management.I already have an A.S. degree in paralegal studies, but I have no experience in the field, so I cant get hired anywhere for it. We moved out of our apartment and into a house big enough for our family. However, our new house was a hundred mile round trip drive every day to and from my work and ds's daycare. My car is older and started to break down alot because of the extra miles. I started classes in August. I was only taking two online classes. Between working full time, the drive, and the two kids, my classes were falling behind so I withdrew from them. I now owe the school 500 dollars before I can go back. A month after I withdrew from my classes, I got fired for missing so much work due to my car breaking down constantly. My alternator went out and while I was getting it fixed, my supervisor called me and told me that I was being let go. This was in December of last year. I am still collecting unemployment. I have yet to find a job that pays enough to cover bills and daycare. I cant work 2nd or 3rd shift jobs because of my husband's job. He works 13 hours a day, 5 days a week. We dont qualify for food stamps, medicaid or any other assistance, because they count my husband's income before deductions and my unemployment. However, my husband pays alot in child support for his son from a previous relationship. We are getting more and more behind on bills and my husband is starting to take it out on me. If I were to go find a job right now, it would cost 300 dollars or more a week for daycare because my daughter is out on summer vacation. I feel stuck, lost, and angry. I am used to working full time and going to school full time. I am not used to just sitting around with the kids all day. To make matters worse, we are down to one car, which he takes to work, so I am in this house all day every day with both kids. No adult interaction, and he doesnt want to talk when he gets home from a long day at work. My husband told me this morning that I need to go find a job making 20 dollars an hour so that he can stay at home with the kids all day. I am going stir crazy. I am sick of being broke. I am sick of not knowing where my life is going from here. I dont have a plan, and I dont have a clue of what to do to fix any of this. I am starting to get in a bad rut and getting really depressed. It is not good. Someone please help me figure out what to do, or where to go from  here. I have tried looking into a six week CNA course, but we dont have the money for that. I have considered looking into like the National Guard or something, but I wouldn't be able to do that with two kids and how much my husband works. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Provide childcare..   Be careful in setting your rates, be competitive, but make sure that you make enough to cover the costs of caring for kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I have considered that, but we have cats and I smoke. Not alot of people will put their children with someone who smokes. I appreciate the help. I would also have to take in several kids, which I am not sure I could handle.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Provide childcare..   Be careful in setting your rates, be competitive, but make sure that you make enough to cover the costs of caring for kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM
What does your husband do?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM

My husband is a sales manager at Aarons Inc. The place where you can lease furniture. He makes less than 11 an hour and over a hundred dollars a week goes to child support, taxes, and all of his other deductions. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What does your husband do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Can you do at home jobs like data entry or transcribing?Maybe you could see if their is an ROP class in medical billing or coding. I saw a lot of jobs on indeed.com for that which you can do at home.My mom's co-worker worked for a medical transcription place to make extra money on the side. She was doing it from home part time in the evenings. They were paying between 14-17 an hour. She eventually quit the job at the phone company(where my mom worked with her) to do the medical transcription full time. That way she could get rid of the daycare costs. There are also at home customer service jobs that would require you to have a headset with a mute feature. You could probably do those at night when the kids are asleep.Don't give up OP because the things that don't break you shape you. Be blessed and good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:56 AM

That is actually a great idea. Thank you. I just have no idea where to begin to find something like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you do at home jobs like data entry or transcribing?Maybe you could see if their is an ROP class in medical billing or coding. I saw a lot of jobs on indeed.com for that which you can do at home.My mom's co-worker worked for a medical transcription place to make extra money on the side. She was doing it from home part time in the evenings. They were paying between 14-17 an hour. She eventually quit the job at the phone company(where my mom worked with her) to do the medical transcription full time. That way she could get rid of the daycare costs. There are also at home customer service jobs that would require you to have a headset with a mute feature. You could probably do those at night when the kids are asleep.Don't give up OP because the things that don't break you shape you. Be blessed and good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Get any job. You could work grave shift if he is only working 13 hrs a day. Baby sit other people's kids. There are plenty of jobs or there. The problem is there aren't many jobs out there that will say sure we will start you off with pay like you have been there for years. Is called working your way up. Its called working shifts that aren't exactly what you want. See if your local hospital is hiring people to clean. It would be income.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Here is a link:http://www.indeed.com/q-Work-From-Home-Transcription-jobs.html and here is another for an at home customer service  reps :https://www.alpineaccess.com/

There are a few moms here on cafemom who said that they worked for alpine access to help with finances. Call your school district to ask if they are offering ROP classes in your area. Like I said before don't give up if there is a way in there is a way out. Good luck and be blessed!

Quoting Anonymous:

That is actually a great idea. Thank you. I just have no idea where to begin to find something like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much! This definitely helps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Here is a link:http://www.indeed.com/q-Work-From-Home-Transcription-jobs.html and here is another for an at home customer service  reps :https://www.alpineaccess.com/

There are a few moms here on cafemom who said that they worked for alpine access to help with finances. Call your school district to ask if they are offering ROP classes in your area. Like I said before don't give up if there is a way in there is a way out. Good luck and be blessed!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN