Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did your family like your kids' names when you chose them?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 20 Replies
None of my family liked my son's name when we chose it. My husband's family did though. We named him Landon Joel. My family didn't like Landon. My husband's family was upset we broke "tradition" and didn't give him the middle name Ray. Everyone is over it now. LOL. So what about you?
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM

My family is respectful to each other. We would never tell another that we didn't like the name they chose for their child. 

Photo: -Randi.

Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM
They liked their middle names.

Jaidyn Celeste
Aleigha Desiree
ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM
They hated DSs name and still complain about it and pronounce it wrong, no matter how many times I correct them.

They were ok with DDs but don't like her middle name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM
My dad absolutely hated my sons name. He tried for like 8 months to come up with a nickname for my son. He couldnt come up with one that fit. Now he calls my son by his name and likes it.
bcoll
by Brandi on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Yes. (my GIL was a bit...unsure) if she could handle the kids having middle names. Lol

EmilyG10
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:21 AM

My family has a hard time saying my son's name 'Avrom" Dh's family doesn't but calls him 'Avi'

mom2ljh
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
None of my family was rude or disrespectful about it. We all have varying tastes. It's ok that they didn't like it. It grew on my family though. And the only one who REALLY matters (DS) loves his name, lol.

Quoting brettsmomma:

My family is respectful to each other. We would never tell another that we didn't like the name they chose for their child. 

balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM

When we told them of our choices for our first, didn't know the gender, FIL wasn't crazy about the name Samuel. Too old, blah, blah.... That went away the minute he was born. And it suits him well. We didn't reveal any names beforehand with the younger 2. 

Kitschy
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM

My family didn't like Evangeline when I first picked it. They warmed up to it before she was born. I think they just liked our boy name better and were bummed out when we found out we were having a girl.

LadyAmaranth
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM

They liked them. My family doesn't get overly emotional about baby or wedding announcements or names chosen. They figure it's our business so whatever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN