Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we Got PiNworms!!!###$

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
My kids have been itching 16months and 3years old. I saw the eggs?? Anyway we all took pin X on monday. I still see the things but way less itching. How long before this is over? It is soo groosss and I have no experience with this. None of my friends or family have had it. Please help or share your story. Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM
What are pin worms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adhaodd1child
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM
There's a Mom on here that had them.
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:21 AM
What the heck are pin worms?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Pinworms are actually very common and they are tiny worms that live in your intestinal tract and they are SUPER itchy and lay eggs on your anal cavity creating a very very bad irritating itch. Its gross to think about but most people get it at least once in their lives. Usually when a child.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

What are pin worms

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
My dd had them, we used a prescription from the doctor.
jtsmommy11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
My son had them at less tjan a year he actually pooped them out but pinapple juice actually keeps them from multiplying
oooomelissaoooo
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM

i had them when i was like 15. the doctor said i most likely got them from watching my neighbors kids and picking up their bikes and other toys outside and not washing my hands.

i called my neighbor, who called her doctor and they just gave all of them meds.

thats really all i can remember about it.

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:24 AM

The Pin X will work, it just needs a few days to kill all the worms and eggs. Be sure to do the follow up dose in 2 weeks and to treat everyone in the family, even those without symptoms. It'll be fine. It's very common.

JTROX
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you have to tape your butt to check for them?

WendyJR
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM
They are super common. If you don't see an improvement by Monday call the doc again. Less itching is a good sign they're going away. And according to this site you should repeat the pin x after 2 weeks
http://www.senderspediatrics.com/HealthTopics/Health_Topics_A_Z/Illnesses/Pinworms.page
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)