Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Care.com

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Who's used it? I don't really have family near by to watch the kids if we go on a date night or if we need to go to something for work. My sister acts as if I'm nuts for even considering using it and she'd never let a stranger into her house, I told her you interview them first and see if they fit, anyways have you ever used it or what are your thoughts about it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I found my kids sitter through that site. We'll be using her full time. We got a background check and refrences through the site. We interviewed multiple people before finding the right fit for our family.
allycally
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I was registered on there and know a few of my former coworkers were too... no one ever contacted me but I think that's because it wasn't very well known 2 years ago
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:28 AM

They offer background checks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I'm glad it worked out! Im planning on interviewing them not just saying show up at my house and ill take off!

Quoting gumbeme06:

I found my kids sitter through that site. We'll be using her full time. We got a background check and refrences through the site. We interviewed multiple people before finding the right fit for our family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM
That's what I said! She acted like I was nuts

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Ya I see ads all the time for it now!

Quoting allycally:

I was registered on there and know a few of my former coworkers were too... no one ever contacted me but I think that's because it wasn't very well known 2 years ago
Katalina650
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I have a profile on it.  You can look for caregivers with background checks, and you can do phone interviews first.  Some profiles have reviews on it.  It makes sense it is a way to find caregivers.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I would only go with the people that have paid to have their background check on there, and as long as you are conducting face to face interviews in their homes...I don't see how it's any different. You can even ask for references and call them to see what they have to say.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I said! She acted like I was nuts

Quoting Anonymous:

littlemoments99
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I was on that site. I found my job that I have had for over a year now. Just do a background check and an interview before you let them watch your kids. I think its safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I will never use it. A girl I know (that I wouldn't leave me dog with for an hour) got a job as a nanny through that site. Let me tell you, background checks don't find everything. She's been in 4 accidents in the last 6 years (all her fault, no tickets because she just wrote the other parties a check) and her license is currently suspended. None of that came up on her background check. She is driving these kids around daily. I'd rather use someone from am agency or someone friends recommend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured