Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bm wants me to pay cs EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 280 Replies
3 moms liked this
Bf is not working. He got sick and will need an operation. I won't get into those details. I took up the slack and started working again. The court knows about his condition. She had the audacity to tell me I need to pay bf's cs. I told her no and to go to hell.
She told me in the past she never wants me around her kids. The court papers say the kids cannot spend the night cause bf and I are not married. Our kids cannot come over because the visits should be about him and his kids. So our kids cannot play with their half siblings. She has told these kids that their dad replaced them. She had the oldest lie and say I beat him with a stick which was later proven to be a lie in court. I haven't seen or talked to these kids in years. I want to but she won't let me.
Now all of a sudden they are my responsibility to support. Maybe she should do what I did and get a job.
Edit
She knew this could happen. She had been warned months ago when his condition was not improving. He saved up a trust for his kids. It was 1000. He had his cs modified and the court said he only had to pay 58 a month. She had a choice. Take the new cs amount or the trust. She chose the trust. She blew through the trust in a month.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM

poor kids

TaughtTot
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Well your BF should be paying his child support, pretty much.  Looks like you picked a winner.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait a minute, you have children with this man and aren't allowed to spend the night with him???
finnbar
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Some of these BM really shoot themselves in the foot.
sampson200
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

You're not legally bound in any way to pay for her children.

You are not a wife to this man......

Be that as it may, he still needs to figure out how to help pay for his children that he created.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM

No, CS is the responsibility of the father only - not you, even if you were the spouse.  If BF is going to be out of work for a while, he had better get to court to have CS lowered or dropped to a manageable amount.  He just can't stop paying it and it isn't fair for you to pick up the slack, unless you want to.    May I ask why you are married if you are living together and have kids?  Wouldn't that make the custody arrangements easier for everyone?

Lauren79
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
16 moms liked this

OP said that her SO is not working right now because he got sick and needs an operation. Maybe he can't work, so where do you think his cs should come from if he is unable to work due to illness and needing an operation?

I do not believe that it is OP's responsibility to pay his cs when he can not due to health related issues & especially not when BM has stipulated that OP and the children's half siblings can't even be around the kids! I think BM needs to get off her ass and get a job and be a little understanding about his health issues.  

Quoting TaughtTot:

Well your BF should be paying his child support, pretty much.  Looks like you picked a winner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
He is a great man. Been a great dad for years. He cannot work in his condition. She was told before hand this might happen to him.

Quoting TaughtTot:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha! I'd tell her where to go. BM tried that crap too, she'd use SD as a bargaining chip for money with my DH, it was disgusting. Stuff happened and she lost custody and now DH has custody and BM still feels that she deserves child support. Ummm??? She sees her for all of 8 weeks a year, not going to happen. She was ordered to pay CS 50/month... She still hasn't paid a dime.

Good luck OP lol, she sounds like a peach.
twade26
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM
4 moms liked this

I hope your bf gets better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN