Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids drink raw cows milk

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yup my 3, 5, 6, and 9 year old plus DH and I drink raw cows milk from our own cow. It was how me and dh were raised and everyone in our family was raised with raw milk straight from the cow. So many people are against raw cows milk but to me nothing is better. I can't stand milk from the store and my kids don't like it either. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:18 PM

BUT I don't like milk anyway, lol My grandparents had a working dairy farm and the way they milked the cows turned me against milk at a very early age, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally think if anything it's a lot better for you.  Because it doesn't have the pasteurizations and all the hormones that store bought milk has.  And once your body gets used to raw milk it's a lot healthier for your stomach and intestines.  Also has the good fats and enzymes and probiotics that pasteurization and hormones kill.  You can also make kefir with raw milk and kids can drink smoothies too. 

Koux
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Just curious, why would people be "against" raw milk? What's the difference, especially if it's fresh straight from the cow?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup my 3, 5, 6, and 9 year old plus DH and I drink raw cows milk from our own cow. It was how me and dh were raised and everyone in our family was raised with raw milk straight from the cow. So many people are against raw cows milk but to me nothing is better. I can't stand milk from the store and my kids don't like it either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I've heard it's better for you, too. I would try it if I had access.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:21 PM

OMG>>>I LOVE LOVE LOVE raw milk!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Pasteurization kills bacteria. There can be bacteria in the milk that can make you sick . But in my entire life of living on the farm and in my town I have not heard of one person getting sick from their milk. 

Quoting Koux:

Just curious, why would people be "against" raw milk? What's the difference, especially if it's fresh straight from the cow?

Quoting Anonymous:

hunnybunny2001
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Yummy :D
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM

i actually feel a lot healthier when i drink it

sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I grew up on raw cows milk :) my kids haven't had it yet but hopefully well get a cow soon :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Awesome. SO was raised on raw cows milk too but as an adult he's lactose intolerant. My kids and I have been drinking raw goats milk for the last 4yrs or so and SO was happy to find he could drink goats milk without an issue. And since I make all kinds of dairy products with it he can now enjoy ice cream, cheese and yogurt again without an issue. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)