Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids drink raw cows milk

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Yup my 3, 5, 6, and 9 year old plus DH and I drink raw cows milk from our own cow. It was how me and dh were raised and everyone in our family was raised with raw milk straight from the cow. So many people are against raw cows milk but to me nothing is better. I can't stand milk from the store and my kids don't like it either. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Replies (31-38):
furbabymum
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Lamancha goats here. At least we are preparing for their purchase next year. From what I've researched it tastes like melted ice cream. Can't wait! Just have to beef up our fence line so they don't escape.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I've never tried raw milk, and I am over-the-top obsessed with milk.  I'm gonna have to check into this.

kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I grew up on raw goats milk...I miss it so much. I haven't been a milk drinker since childhood, because I don't like store bought cows milk very much.

Nee86
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I wish I could find raw cows milk. Dh will not let me get a cow....yet.
FullMoonFever
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I think it's fine and so much healthier than store bought milk.As long as the cow is healthy.I wish I could have a cow,but I'd be violating a city ordinance! I do have chickens though.That's allowed where I live.So I get fresh eggs.

katielovesyou21
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:43 PM

thats how i was raised when i was little. it tastes better then store bought

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

For those of you who have or had your own milking cow, what exactly is involved in the feeding and care of a cow?  What do they need to eat aside from grass?  How much property for one cow?  I've been thinking about getting a cow since we go through a lot of milk with six people in the house.  We have over 10 acres...is that enough room for one cow?  The only other farm animal we have is a horse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Goody goody.You want a cookie, attention seeker?

I buy milk from the store. I don't own a cow. I don't want one.

so?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN