Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you handle this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I have no idea how to handle this situation so I figured I'd ask your advice. Okay, so I have a best friend, whom I've been best friends with for 14 years. She is my everything and we tell each other everything and she's always been there for me. The only thing I never agreed with is what she does in her personal life, but it's really not my business. Here is the problem. She is NOT married, but she IS still with the father of her two children. She lives with him and they both work. She has been dealing with an ex boyfriend whom she has known for 9 years. She isn't sleeping with him- but they talk ALL the time, almost constantly, and she is wanting to leave her boyfriend to go live with this guy. Heres where the issue comes in.. He's a major cheater, always has been. 

When she met him 9 years ago, he was with another woman (but it was on HIS terms) meaning he had his own place- would go stay with his "girlfriend" for 5 nights a week and then on his "off nights" he would see my best friend and however many other girls he saw.

She swears up and down he has changed and is wanting to totally commit to her. but my question is, why does he all  of a sudden want to commit to her now? why not before? 

She asked me her opinion and I have no words...

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM

bump

-_-
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Tell her you'll be there for her, and leave it at that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Maybe he grew up?  From what I've read though there's no way in hell I'd touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

LOL!!

I also agree with you..

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe he grew up?  From what I've read though there's no way in hell I'd touch that with a 10 foot pole.

tifbrown
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

If she were my friend, I would definitely not encourage her to jump into anything. Leaving one relationship, directly for another one is generally not a good idea. Not to mention, they are only talking. Who knows what it will be like when they actually spend time together and are around each other. Moving in with someone is a a huge step. What if he doesn't get along with her kids, what if when they get into it the feelings change. Grass isn't always greener. If she really wants t do it, she needs to be on her own, date the guy and see how it goes before making such a big commitment. But, that's just what I'd tell her if she were my friend.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

My opinion is she is a fool. I feel bad for the guy she lives with because obviously she is using him and he isn't enough for her. I think she should go for it with old BF. then when he dumps her ass she will know how her now bf feels.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM

That is very true. I haven't brought that up to her or anything though because I don't want her to think I'm getting into her business even though she IS asking my opinion.

Quoting tifbrown:

If she were my friend, I would definitely not encourage her to jump into anything. Leaving one relationship, directly for another one is generally not a good idea. Not to mention, they are only talking. Who knows what it will be like when they actually spend time together and are around each other. Moving in with someone is a a huge step. What if he doesn't get along with her kids, what if when they get into it the feelings change. Grass isn't always greener. If she really wants t do it, she needs to be on her own, date the guy and see how it goes before making such a big commitment. But, that's just what I'd tell her if she were my friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Yeah, and the sad thing is, is he loves her more then life itself! She treats him really badly :( he just takes it because he loves her, she won't marry him and he stays.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

My opinion is she is a fool. I feel bad for the guy she lives with because obviously she is using him and he isn't enough for her. I think she should go for it with old BF. then when he dumps her ass she will know how her now bf feels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)