Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your kid is allergic to dogs or cats how do you

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 45 Replies
Handle it at school? My ds and i are always covered in dig hair at my home, dog sleeps with ds and on the couch so the dog hair is inevitable.
Just wondering.
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to clean more, we have two long haired cats and a German Shepherd and no one has hair all over them when they leave the house.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
No idea, but my daughter always has at least some dog hair on her from the dogs (she feels. Hey need hugs at least every 10 minutes lol). I hope no one goes after her with a lint roller in kindergarten!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM
If he's symptomatic, we give him Zyrtec or Allegra. We have dogs too. :-)
tifbrown
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Our dogs shed a ridiculous amount, no one ever leaves the house full of hair. Lint rollers, vacuums, etc. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

You need to clean more, we have two long haired cats and a German Shepherd and no one has hair all over them when they leave the house.

momto3boys85
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

we have a kitten, and im the allergic one, but its a mild allergy and he doesn't shed alot. I also keep my hands away from my face and eyes otherwise I'm itching and have red eyes.

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

DH is highly allergic to cats, it never bothers him unless he's in someones house.

Occasionally in a closed space with a particuliarly unclean person.

I sleep with my dogs too, but i don't walk around with hair all over me in public, and neither did my son.

And we aren't neat freaks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM
So far it hasn't been a problem. He seems to be mostly allergic to the saliva. We found out he was allergic when a dog licked his face.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Well I am allergic to dogs and cats. I never had any issues at school.

I think my friend has a lot of dogs and cats and I just sneezed a bit while she was near me. My ex bf did as well. Its not life threatening or anything.

If there was claritin when i was a kid, that would have probably fixed the issue.

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Buahaha, my mom is a clean freak and she has two labs, short haired dogs, and we leave covered with their hair.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Your definition of clean freak and mine are very different.
Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Buahaha, my mom is a clean freak and she has two labs, short haired dogs, and we leave covered with their hair.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)