Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pawning your Engagement Ring

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
Ok so money has been right lately. They cut DF's hours at work and we've both been looking for work. Anyways, it's getting better. DF got back his full time hours and he's got a second job. The problem is it won't help us until next month. That's ok we've just got to be extra right with our money this month.

Ok well even after being super tight we are still short. I offered to pawn my engagement ring and if we need it my diamond necklace. My fiance is dead set against it. He won't even hear me out. I get it. It means a lot to him. He spent about if money, time, and love picking it out. Trust me it's the last thing I want to do but we need it.

Am I wrong? I just want to put them in an envelope and write DF name on it and leave them for him when he gets home. He can take them in and get what he can. Plus with his his back and a second job we'll be able to pay to get them back. Its not like they are gone forever. WWYD?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Oops.. a few typos. Sorry I'm mobile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Oops.. a few typos. Sorry I'm mobile.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I have very few pieces of jewelry that I value enough to never sell or pawn and my engagement or wedding ring would be on that list.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I recently had to do that and it was horrible :( but I should be getting it back soon.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM
You won't get much for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I wouldnt. I would find another way to get the money. yard sale, borrow from friend or family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah well if it comes down to your electric getting cut off or that you have to do what you don't want to do. I've always said I would NEVER do it. But my kids need lights and food so I had to suck it up

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I have very few pieces of jewelry that I value enough to never sell or pawn and my engagement or wedding ring would be on that list.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM
You won't get nearly what he paid I wouldn't do it
ksueditz
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM

when we had money problems last year, like to the point i thought we would need to go to the food bank, my dh wouldn't let me pawn my rings either. when i suggested it, he thought they didn't mean as much to me. i was just trying to find a way to help. thankfully, our family helped us, and we didn't need to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I love my ring and honestly never thought I'd want to but I love my family way more than a ring. Like I said it wouldn't be gone forever.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN