Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All my kids were conceived while I was on birth control

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I have 4 children and all of them are birth control babies. My first one was while I was on the pill, i can not be 100% sure if I took the pill at the same time every day (don't really remember) but I know I never missed a day, the second was while on depo provera, waited 3 months to have sex never missed a shot. The third time I was on mirena and the forth after Essure . My doctor and I think that for me the hormones made me MORE fertile and that I was already fertile to begin with. I love my children and I wouldn't change anything but sometimes birth control just does not work for people. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Have you thought about natural birth control? It's when you keep track of your ovulation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I was never really regular so it wouldnt work for me 

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you thought about natural birth control? It's when you keep track of your ovulation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I've been pregnant 9 times (lost 5) only 2 were not BC babies
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM

BUMP!

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

ever heard of using two forms since you knew you were fertile? You know, a condom, some spermicide?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:37 PM

We didn't use them all the time because we thought we had a better form now so we didnt need to worry. Sheep skin condoms are very expensive and not when you have permenant birth control or really good birth control you just dont think about it. My doctor now is much better than the doctors I have had in the past they never brought upthe fact that the birth control itself can make me more fertile 

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

ever heard of using two forms since you knew you were fertile? You know, a condom, some spermicide?

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM

how old are your kids? These days, they tell you to always use a back up method if you don't want a child.  I always used condoms with the pill. Guess what? Never had an unexpected pregnancy!

.....bet the condoms are less expensive than the four kids!

Quoting Anonymous:

We didn't use them all the time because we thought we had a better form now so we didnt need to worry. Sheep skin condoms are very expensive and not when you have permenant birth control or really good birth control you just dont think about it. My doctor now is much better than the doctors I have had in the past they never brought upthe fact that the birth control itself can make me more fertile 

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM

My sister got pregnant while using the pill and condoms. Your body is functioning how is should be mine is not 

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

how old are your kids? These days, they tell you to always use a back up method if you don't want a child.  I always used condoms with the pill. Guess what? Never had an unexpected pregnancy!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Y the bashing? She's just being honest and didn't choose abortion and took responsibility. I guess that is unreasonable to some people? Some times the best things aren't planned.
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM

so sister was taking pills 100% correctly (at the same time every day) and using a condom 100% correctly--put on before precum, no foreplay in the needed area prior, and still got pregnant?  Unless it was an expired condom I think she maybe was fibbing a bit.

Quoting Anonymous:

My sister got pregnant while using the pill and condoms. Your body is functioning how is should be mine is not 

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)