Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO asked me a question I have never been asked before

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
3 moms liked this

He asked

"What are your dreams?"

I was at a loss for words, I am never at a loss for words

I finally replied to him saying

Well my dreams for myself are put on hold because the dreams I have for my child now come first.  Simple things like having a good family and getting him to college, and ability to put him in sports, etc

but

If I consider what I really want for me I really want to travel, but even more basic..

I really want to get my PhD in Mathematics, that is my one dream that I will take as long as I need to to complete.  

He said "Wow, that is impressive, I think you will do it, you shouldn't have any worries.  I know you know all of my dreams, I just wondered about yours, you don't talk about what you want in life, actually you never talk about it, you just listen and never chime in"

So...what are your dreams?  

I don't know what to think of SO asking me this.  He asked me so randomly, like maybe he was wondering if this was it for me.  If I just wanted to be a math teacher and that was it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I don't think I have any :/
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Short-term - Get published, grow a garden
Long-term - Get a PhD and post doc, live outside of the country for a bit, explore Europe, have 2 more kids, live in my dream home.
AlleyCat08
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Just distant memories. 

SodiumPentathol
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM
My own grooming salon :) someday...
Caylaris1813
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

To be a veterinarian. I want to own my own office, own a large plot of land that will be the location of my home, my office and I want to open a no kill, low cost shelter.

I'm not sure how much of that will come true, TBH. I'm not very book smart. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM
My SO and I talk about this often. I'm so confused on what I want to do in life..' It's actually taking a toll on me and I'm becoming very depressed :( i sit at home crying all the time because i feel i have no purpose in life :( as you can tell I'm at one of my low moments right now :'(
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I would like to get published even if I make no money at it and live/work in a foreign country for a while.  And find true love.

Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Grow a succesful online business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I'm not sure for myself honestly :-( trying to figure it out.

But my ds asks those questions... What are your dreams, tell me about your life. For a 7 year old, he asks some pretty deep questions. Lol
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I don't have any.  I'm completely consumed with wife, mother, home school teacer, I don't have room for dreams.  I'm too consumed with "now".  That makes me just a little bit sad but there will be time for me later . . . . . . . . eventually.  For now, I'm going to be a good mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN