Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Come Women Pretend To Be Married?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this

I called this one months ago. There's this girl I used to hang out with before I was married who has 4 kids by 3 different men. For the last two years she's been posting nonstop about God, about how wonderful her life is, how her marriage is the best thing ever, how she loves being a mommy, etc. Her God and Jesus posts were outright obnoxious because she was condemning people for not living a holy life.

So anyways I told my husband from the get go when this girl went on FB announcing that she got married (oddly enough a year after I married my husband and she was always pining to be someone's wife) she was lying and there was no wedding. Well low and behold a couple months ago she started blowing up my newsfeed because her relationship had imploded. She and baby daddy #3 broke up and were NEVER married. She was shacking up and sinning by her own words.

So why do people do this? How come it's acceptable or necessary to pretend to be married? Gotta love FB. Oh, and before people condemn me this girl is always on my newsfeed trying to find out what my husband and I are doing and I've caught her liking and then unliking some of my statuses. I keep her on for the craziness.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM

they are wannabes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Cause they can
bcoll
by Brandi on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

The people I know who are not married, usually don't have a problem admitting it. Maybe one or two ?'s on FB lol

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I don't know.  Many people just assume that me and my guy are married, even referring to him as my husband or me as his wife.  I correct them.  We are not married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Pretty much and it's a bit annoying.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

they are wannabes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

jealousy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Because they want to pretend like they are doing more than just playing house.
SodiumPentathol
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I'm not married. But we are commonlaw and engaged. It's unnecessary to explain to people who aren't going to be a big part if my life so I just say husband...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM

It seems like people live out their fantasy lives on FB.

Facebook: Where Delusions Come True!

Quoting bcoll:

The people I know who are not married, usually don't have a problem admitting it. Maybe one or two ?'s on FB lol

robyann
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I would think the only reason someone who is not married would lie and say they are married, is because they are embarrassed of their real status. Or they think people would accept them more. Or they feel guilty for livng together and not being married. Obviously, she was lying about her whole life, claiming to be all holy and religious. I"m sure she does provide lots of drama and "entertainment" on facebook lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN