Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My fat confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you to fat to use tampons or Diva Cups?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

I like cupcakes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 58

View Results

My confession is that I have become to fat to use tampons or the Diva Cup I just bought... (I am more irked at not being able to try out my diva cup because it was $30)

I have been working on losing weight and haven't lost much (thanks to PCOS) but I am losing weight. In the meantime my periods have returned because of the little bit of weight I have lost but I have found that I can't put tampons in properly (if I get them in they are not far enough up so it causes issues) or put the Diva Cup in at all because of my arms not reaching around my stomach. It is embarassing as hell but I would like to know if anyone else has ever had this issue. If so, was there a solution for it or were you just doomed to use pads until you could lose the weight?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Have your SO help you out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:51 AM

No, I haven't had that problem. I've gotten pretty fat but not to that extent. I think this would be a a wake up call for me though. When bending over to tie a shoe, and generally feeling uncomfortable became a problem for me, I started trying to change it.

jesistar6910
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I am too fat for tampons. I, like you, cannot reach around my belly. 

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that anymore (birth control = no period), but I have noticed as I lose weight (I was at 315, now I am down to 275) the belly is getting smaller. So, eventually when I have periods again, I have a feeling I will be able to use my diva cup again. 

Keep working on it, and just deal for a while until your belly shrinks some more. I know it will be hard, but worth it in the end. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Noooooo. Nope. No. I would rather be doomed to pads than do that to my DH. It is disgusting how fat I have gotten and the last thing I want to tell him is I am turning into my mother. (Long backstory but basically my mother cannot care for herself because she is morbidly obese and has fibro and lymphodemia(sp) and it started with little things like this.)

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh I weigh 310 and still use tampons... Are you doing it wrong?
-_-
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I like cupcakes.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Not yet.
I actually was thinking about this the other day. How the hell do fat chicks in tiny bathroom stalls get tampons in?

I don't get periods though
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I'd kill myself if I got too fat to take care of my basic hygiene.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:54 AM

I wanted to be on birth control to keep my periods at bay but unfortunately all of the different kinds my gyno tried made me really sick so we gave up on that for now. Hopefully this Metformin will help me with my weight loss. She predicts it will but only time will tell.

Quoting jesistar6910:

I am too fat for tampons. I, like you, cannot reach around my belly. 

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that anymore (birth control = no period), but I have noticed as I lose weight (I was at 315, now I am down to 275) the belly is getting smaller. So, eventually when I have periods again, I have a feeling I will be able to use my diva cup again. 

Keep working on it, and just deal for a while until your belly shrinks some more. I know it will be hard, but worth it in the end. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Unfortunately you're reaching that point. Good luck; hope you are able to lose weight so you don't end up unable to care for yourself

Quoting Anonymous:

Noooooo. Nope. No. I would rather be doomed to pads than do that to my DH. It is disgusting how fat I have gotten and the last thing I want to tell him is I am turning into my mother. (Long backstory but basically my mother cannot care for herself because she is morbidly obese and has fibro and lymphodemia(sp) and it started with little things like this.)

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)