Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh I have the biggest migraine

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM
  • 24 Replies
I have had this migraine for 3.5hrs. I've tried everything, I can't get it to go away. I work graveyard, and I'm off tonight so I'm awake and this sucks butt.
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Lame everyone is in the swallowing posts.
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Do you get extra sensitive?
I think I had one the other day. Ibuprofen aspirin o and imitrex did nada.. and I could smell the air my cat was exhaling from 20 feet away.

:(
HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM
I get them real bad, I take some Excedrin and take a cool shower and have my man rub my head then I make sure it's dark and I go right to sleep. I hope you feel better.
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Yes, I'm sitting in the bedroom with everything off but my phone, I'm laying down but I just want it gone. Everyone always tells me to just sleep it off, I don't know how they do it but I can not fall asleep being in so much pain it just doesn't work.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I think I had one the other day. Ibuprofen aspirin o and imitrex did nada.. and I could smell the air my cat was exhaling from 20 feet away.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:42 AM
I did the same thing. I ended up taking a sleeping pill to pass out. I just couldn't fall asleep.

I'm sorry:(

Quoting anonymous12308:

Yes, I'm sitting in the bedroom with everything off but my phone, I'm laying down but I just want it gone. Everyone always tells me to just sleep it off, I don't know how they do it but I can not fall asleep being in so much pain it just doesn't work.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:42 AM
I took Tylenol 1.5hrs ago, df is asleep so that doesn't work, I'm laying down but I can never sleep with a migraine. I suffer cluster headaches as well but this is just a migraine. Still sucks though.

Quoting HotMomma2622:

I get them real bad, I take some Excedrin and take a cool shower and have my man rub my head then I make sure it's dark and I go right to sleep. I hope you feel better.

bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Benedryl is my savior when I have migraines. I pop one and a vicodin and go to sleep.

I am allergic to NSAIDS and many triptans so I can't take a lot of meds that really help.
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Wish I had some right now.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I did the same thing. I ended up taking a sleeping pill to pass out. I just couldn't fall asleep.

I'm sorry:(

Quoting anonymous12308:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM
I don't have either one of those. I don't take benadryl because even if I sleep I wake up feeling like I have not slept in days.

Quoting bellawomen:

Benedryl is my savior when I have migraines. I pop one and a vicodin and go to sleep.

I am allergic to NSAIDS and many triptans so I can't take a lot of meds that really help.

bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Have you had an MRI? Or scan?

If you have cluster headaches, my understanding is you need evaluated closely. When I was diagnosed with migraines, Kaiser had me attend a headache class and that's what we were told.

No prescription meds or rescue meds?

Quoting anonymous12308:

I took Tylenol 1.5hrs ago, df is asleep so that doesn't work, I'm laying down but I can never sleep with a migraine. I suffer cluster headaches as well but this is just a migraine. Still sucks though.

Quoting HotMomma2622:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)