Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cock fights.

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:51 AM
  • 13 Replies
It usually takes a lot to get to me. It turns out a conversation about cock fights will do it. So disgusting. I don't see how people can sit around laughing and joking about it. And I'm hearing its actually legal in some areas? I'll have to research that. No way in hell I'd ever be caught at something like this.

Anybody come from an area where it's well known or considered the norm? How common is this?
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:00 AM
And now the guys at work are watching videos on their phone. Great. I'm out.
QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I've been through bad parts of Florida where I was told they did the sort of thing.  Any kind of animal fighting is disgusting.

SyllabaryBisque
by Linguistics Fascist on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:03 AM
So sad and depressing... :(
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I agree. I know it exists but it's hard to sit in a room with people talking and laughing about it. My shift is almost over though, so I'll be out soon. And I left the room for now. Ugh.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

I've been through bad parts of Florida where I was told they did the sort of thing.  Any kind of animal fighting is disgusting.

QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I hate how men get a kick out of gross shit.  It irks me lol

Quoting cntrdmom:

I agree. I know it exists but it's hard to sit in a room with people talking and laughing about it. My shift is almost over though, so I'll be out soon. And I left the room for now. Ugh.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:05 AM
This guy said they don't feel pain because they keep fighting til the death.
That's not numb, idiot, that's survival.
And there's so much money tied up in this. People paying $20 cover charges and $300 to enter. $500+ for the roosters. All for some sick entertainment and bets.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

SyllabaryBisque
by Linguistics Fascist on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Unbelievable. I guess that guy would know since he's a COCK himself.

It's a felony here in NC and I'm very glad that it is. 

Quoting cntrdmom:

And there's so much money tied up in this. People paying $20 cover charges and $300 to enter. $500+ for the roosters. All for some sick entertainment and bets.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:09 AM
I think it's a felony most places. But there's still some going on in the back woods.
That's the point where I spoke up. I said exactly what I typed as my response. Then I knew it was getting to me and I had to go.
And yes. This guy is a cock. He needs his ass beat for a while and learn to show some respect every so often.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Unbelievable. I guess that guy would know since he's a COCK himself.

It's a felony here in NC and I'm very glad that it is. 

Quoting cntrdmom:

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

RaynesMommy07
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Never seen it but I've heard stories. Very sad & inhumane.
Rosamaria101
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:12 AM
My husband is from México. We have some chickens here. Some of our Pretty "fightin" roosters fought a few times but it was never to the death or anything like that. Roosters have to be trained specifically for that. Ours fighting just to show dominance. People Who dont own chickens dont know that chickens have a peckin order. There is usually a dominant rooster and Maybe one or Two beta roosters. As Well as Mostly chickens will keep to their own species. I have some silkies that stick together and some rhode island reds that stick together. My Pretty roosters stay with the reds though. Im Not sure what their exact name is. I Just kniw That Most people know them as fighting roosters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured