Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you punish your kid for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
3 moms liked this

There is a kid at my dds summer camp that is a straight up bully.  He pushes kids out of his way.  He takes things from their hands. He threatens them. He calls names and is just flat out mean. 

The other day the kids were having popcorn and he was sitting by himself.  There was an open chair next to him so my dd decided to sit there since he seemed to be ignoring everyone.  As soon as she sat down he reached over and knocked her popcorn out of her hand. She apparently went off on him.  She told him he was a butt head and would never have friends acting like he does.  That if he really wanted to know why he was always alone and no one ever wanted to be his partner for field trips it was stuff like this. 

Now the camp counselors saw it all and said they were glad my dd said something. The boy apparently ran for the bathroom crying,  his parents confronted me.  They said he has problems at home and my dd should be more compassionate. They want to know what I plan to do about it.  I plan to do nothing. She stood up for herself and never got physical. She used appropriate language and said how she felt. No punishment. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
indymom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM

nope, I wouldn't.  If his parents know he has issues they need to deal with them.

alphamom26
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I would not punish my kid for standing up for themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Nothing. And I would say to the parent problems at home does NOT in any way excuse their child from getting physical and bulling other children including mine. And if anyone needed to apologize and get punished it would be him not my child. And since they know he has problems they should do something about it and not look the other way. Which it seams like they are.
SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Good for you, mom, and good for your daughter too! Parents shouldn't make excuses for their children because they are bullies. Whatever the reason, it's not fair to other children who have to endure their tormenting. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Did you ask how they plan on punishing their kid for a bully?     Id have to tell them my kid is allowed to stick up for themselves.  If they do not want her defending herself against their son then they had better teach him some damn manners.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Nope, I would be proud of my daughter for standing up against the bully.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I'd tell his parent's to screw off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I would have asked them what they plan to do for their butthead son
angevil53
No she doesn't need to be compassionate to an asshole. That's not how life works. Eventually someone gets tired of it. He probably deserved it.
sam12796

I think she handled herself well. I would have also let them know what a little bully they had on their hands and what they are going to do about him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)