Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you open the door??

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM
  • 81 Replies
A couple in FL were faced with this option when a nude woman banged on their door asking for help saying she had been raped. They phoned 911 & said they WOULDN'T allow her in, but needed police assistance. They're reason? Fear.They live in an isolated area and feared they were possibly being set up for an attack or other act of violence.
What would YOU do in the same situation?

http://us.cnn.com/2013/07/11/justice/florida-rape-case/index.html?c=us

(Can't make clicky & don't know if this has already been posted; been MIA)
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Depends. If I was home just me and the kids no. If dh was home maybe. I would call the cops, who have always responded in less then 5 mins even in non emergency situations.
CatFishMom
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Thats a tough one. I dont blame them in the slightest; I have no idea what I would do.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I'm not sure. I've read so many things about this going on and it's scams and stuff so probably not. I'd just call 911 for her and she could stand right in the doorway until help arrived.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM
3 moms liked this
If I were in an isolated area, there was dh and I both there I would let her in. I'd probably have my firearm with me so if there was a setup I'd be able to defend myself.
AviannasMama
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Without thinking I probably would. But if I thought about it, probably not. There are WAY too many weirdos out there. Our children can't even go to school safely, who knows what weirdos are out there.
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
4 moms liked this

Instinct would make me open the door, pull her inside and lock the doors. Id then give the poor woman a blanket and call the police.

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I'd let her in but I'd make sure I had my gun on me just in case it was a scam. You never know these days. People are just crazy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I'd tell her to go in the garage. But lock the door between. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Just me and the kids here? No way.
If my husband was here too? Possibly.
But we'd both be armed in either case.
ilovemy3boys
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I am not sure. I probably would not of let her in, I would of called 911,  but i doubt with my children there i could of let her in,

We had a man eun thru our yard one day and bang on the door.  My dh was home and he gave the guy a ride up to thr stop sign while i called 911. They met my husband at then end of our dirt road. Turns out the guy had robbed the gas station . It was scary. My dog had got his ankle, he was lucky they didnt bite him worse running thru my fenced in yard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN