Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can I convince dh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Dh and I do ok. We have what we need. We are catching up with this winters gas bill because the landlord wouldn't fix the basement door and I was heating the streets for 3 months. We both work. He has the gym and all his vitamins and workout drinks. Plus he spends about $20 a day on weed(I don't care that he smokes) I work and have little time to myself. My passion and love is photography. I have only done 4 weddings. Because I'm not confident in my camera. It's older and has some issues. Well I just booked a wedding in October and they are paying me next week. I wasn't expecting the money until at least October. I really want to use the money to buy a new camera I've had my eye on plus with selling my old one but dh says its irresponsible to spend that kind of money on a "hobby" I understand where he's coming from but this could be more then a hobby if I had the right equipment. So my point with adding all the things he buys is that. I don't spend nearly as much as he does on a day to day bases and I think I should be able to get this camera
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy404204
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM

buy the camera!!! you are getting paid for doing something you want to do also they want awesome photography and if that means you need better equipment then get it.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
He spends a disgustingly large amount of money on his hobby so you should be able to spend money on yours.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Tell him to shove his opinion and his $140 a week hobby up his ass
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Unless his smoking pot is for medical reasons,  it's a hobby of sorts, not a necessity. Buy the camera, you can't make money without spending it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM
If it brings in money.. It isn't a hobby...
CL6S
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:41 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking!

Quoting Anonymous:

If it brings in money.. It isn't a hobby...

dgray
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM
If this is something for a job in which you see a future, please buy the camera and let your photography business take off. And I hope you remain committed to the business and will, eventually, be able to make as much and more to prove to him, and yourself, that it was worth it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Buy the camera!! It's an investment and a means to supplement your income.

Also, buy it from some place like HSN or QVC.com. They have awesome cameras and you can break payments down. ;-)

Congrats on the gig.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I'm not part of weed culture, but 20 a day seems excessive. A married couple I knew used to spend 160 a month for both of them...

Buy the camera, it's an investment. Also build your portfolio.
kagegirl
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I say just buy the camera and tell him, "We will discuss this when you stop spending money on things that don't bring any money in. My "hobby" actually pays. And with a new camera, my "hobby" will pay more." Do NOT back down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)