Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE. This is 1 fact about the TM GZ trial that everyone keeps forgetting.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Neither Zimmerman or Martin were breaking any laws UNTIL Martin punched Zimmerman in the face! No punch, no problems!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (491-500):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 98 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM

You don't get to claim self defense unless you have actually had to defend yourself.  You can't defend yourself unless some attacks you.  That is pure and simple logic.  If you feel the "need" to defend yourself before anything as occured then you are the aggressor...plain and simple.

Quoting baileymarie723:

TM may have been the first person to throw fists, but why does GZ get the "self defense" card and TM doesn't? TM probably felt threatened since there was a man following him in the dark. How is what he did any worse than what GZ did?

Quoting Anonymous:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

so if a child punches another child they one punched has the right to shoot the puncher? Is that the point we are trying to teach our kids? If someone does anything at all kill em?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 98 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM

The stand your ground defense wasn't used.  Did you follow anything at all?  They used self defense.  You can only claim stand your ground....at least in this state...with regard to personal domicile....meaning your place of residence.  BTW when you get a concealed permit they teach that if you shoot, you shoot to kill, and for no other reason.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what law did Trayvon Martin break? Why doesn't Stand your Ground Law apply to this young man? I can wait...I want a legitimate explanation and not a half ass explanation. Oh I forgot the law was only meant for one of the two men there that night and the one it applied to is the one in court right? Bullshit!

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Well you misinterpreted what I was saying because if I really thought it was no big deal I would have flat out said it, I wouldn't imply it. I have seen teenagers do a hell of a lot worse than what TM is doing in those pictures though so that was where my comment stemmed from, and had nothing to do with thinking it was no big deal. I was trying to get the point across that not all teenagers that do stupid crap are bad kids which seems to be what the OP was trying to point out by posting those pictures. While I don't agree with what he was doing in those pictures I won't automatically assume he was a bad kid. Just a kid that made poor choices.

Quoting angie_de_3:
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I used to smoke pot. I've taken pictures and videos ( 5 years ago, long time ago). Pot smoke, no matter how big a toke you get is not that dark cloudy look.
Just like you know that smoke isn't cigarette smoke, it is not pot smoke.

Quoting autodidact:

how can you know that? 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's like meth or crack. That's not pot smoke...

Quoting autodidact:

so fucking what? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM

this is pot smoke. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I used to smoke pot. I've taken pictures and videos ( 5 years ago, long time ago). Pot smoke, no matter how big a toke you get is not that dark cloudy look.
Just like you know that smoke isn't cigarette smoke, it is not pot smoke.

Quoting autodidact:

how can you know that? 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's like meth or crack. That's not pot smoke...

Quoting autodidact:

so fucking what? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

threat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Just because you watched the trail doesn't mean you know anything that happened that on Martin's part. You don't know what he's done in his life and he's not here to speak for himself. If this whole thing happened to your child would you be on the killers side then? No one knows the whole truth so you have no right to tell me my opinion is wrong. Oh and I did watch the trial and I still say that Zimmerman brought this all upon himself and should've let the police handle it. Did you see his interview with the news where he stated GOD wanted him to do what he did? I saw it... so its a "thug" vs a mental case that talks to god.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know that GZ's life wasn't threatened?  His police report specifically that it was and he quotes what was said to him.  They played that during the trial.  I love how so many are defending a "thug" and calling him a child, but didn't actually watch the trial.

I can tell you that at 17 if he had raped someone he would be charged as an adult and not a child/minor.

Quoting threat:

Even if the kids did throw the first punch Zimmerman had a right to defend himself but had no right to kill anyone. He was the only one with a weapon... even the police can't use lethal force unless the other person is threatening their lives. The "kid" had no intentions to try and kill anyone but Zimmerman brought a gun with him... why not just call the police and let them handle it instead of stalking him calling him names? Oh and just because he smoked weed and flipped of the camera doesn't mean you're a thug and deserve to be killed cause if that were the case then half the teenage population deserves to be killed then.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree 100% OP. And NO, he wasn't a child. You want to act like a thug and punch like a man... Well, no need to go any further. Worst case scenario happened.

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:47 PM
That's not necessarily true. My ex was a pot smoker, and the more expensive the shit he bought was the darker and heavier the smoke was. Not saying it is or is not pot in the picture, but just stating what I have seen.

quote name="Anonymous" id="0"][/quote]
baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this
There were no witnesses, so how does anyone know for sure that he didn't have to defend himself? Oh wait, because the only other person that really knows what happens from the start of the altercation till it was over told everyone that was how it went down. I'm not saying I don't think GZ is a victim because he was injured so he clearly was, but does anyone really think that if he was the aggressor he would implicate himself and tell everyone that he attacked TM first? Pretty sure he wouldn't, and since TM is dead and couldn't testify for himself they had to go with what they had.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 98 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM

If my child pulled what Martin was pulling your damn right I would be on the killers side.  I know what is right and I know the laws of my state.  As of right now I don't believe that my children would pull this crap.  My kids are well behaved and know the limits of right and wrong.  If I am considered a bad parent for feeling this way then so be it.  I can't say what my children may or may not do in the future.  I will still greive them if this happened, but I will stand on the side of the law.  If my child was the aggressor then that is where I draw the line.

Quoting threat:

Just because you watched the trail doesn't mean you know anything that happened that on Martin's part. You don't know what he's done in his life and he's not here to speak for himself. If this whole thing happened to your child would you be on the killers side then? No one knows the whole truth so you have no right to tell me my opinion is wrong. Oh and I did watch the trial and I still say that Zimmerman brought this all upon himself and should've let the police handle it. Did you see his interview with the news where he stated GOD wanted him to do what he did? I saw it... so its a "thug" vs a mental case that talks to god.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know that GZ's life wasn't threatened?  His police report specifically that it was and he quotes what was said to him.  They played that during the trial.  I love how so many are defending a "thug" and calling him a child, but didn't actually watch the trial.

I can tell you that at 17 if he had raped someone he would be charged as an adult and not a child/minor.

Quoting threat:

Even if the kids did throw the first punch Zimmerman had a right to defend himself but had no right to kill anyone. He was the only one with a weapon... even the police can't use lethal force unless the other person is threatening their lives. The "kid" had no intentions to try and kill anyone but Zimmerman brought a gun with him... why not just call the police and let them handle it instead of stalking him calling him names? Oh and just because he smoked weed and flipped of the camera doesn't mean you're a thug and deserve to be killed cause if that were the case then half the teenage population deserves to be killed then.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree 100% OP. And NO, he wasn't a child. You want to act like a thug and punch like a man... Well, no need to go any further. Worst case scenario happened.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)