Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone Working At A Call Center Job?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

Yesterday I had an interview and was hired for a call center position with all in-bound calls. I've never worked in the position but have plenty of experience in customer service. We have 6-8 weeks of training that we do. That aside though, I've heard they can have a high turn over rate. It pays very well in our area and we can get back on our own feet again. I'm just nervous about it, I want to do well hahah. I was wondering if there are any mamas on here who have worked in a call center job, and if so how was it? Anyone who has worked there for awhile?? Any tips? Thanks guys :D

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gingerszabo21
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I used to work at a Cabellas call center.  It wasn't bad, but after 8-10 hours a day of it during the Christmas season my ears were ringing LOL.

momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM

i use to work for Hilton hotel reservations and i hated it but hopefully you will like working for a call center

Babybear89
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I work for tmobile it's fine. Its good money
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I did it for a little while. Easy money, i enjoyed it. I had to quit because we moved.
momof3grls4517
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Hope you have thick skin. Don't take things to personal. Stay in control of your call, people like to go off topic. If you don't know an answer ask someone. Most people call back because they were given wrong info. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been working in inbound call centers for years. I get paid good money. Now I even get to work from home and I have an office set up in my house. Most people I talk to do not know I work in my PJ's. They're also paying me to work on my master's degree.  I get paid too much to quit or look for a new job. Unfortunately, once you get into the call center scene it's hard to get out of it. 

sweetsmum
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM

It can be pretty boring and people are assholes. Other than that, pretty easy work.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I worked in two call centers. Convergys / express scripts and hamilton beach customer service. I loved working at hb but express scripts not so much. Most ppl are nice but be prepared to get a few rotten apples. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I am sort of a call center. I am part of the UPS claims departement. We make a lot of outbound calls. I get yelled at a lot because I do damage notifications. We have a low turn over rate though because the benefits are awesome and you know within a week if you will be good with this job lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Been doing it over 20 yrs. Pays good on average and great benefits at my current job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)