Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ok, I'm actually going to do this!!!

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 65 Replies
3 moms liked this

I'm quitting smoking, again. I did when I was pregnant and then, because I was stupid, I started again after she was born. But it's horrible for my baby to breath it in off of me, and it's horrible for me to do in the first place. Plus I'm not really in a place where I can afford it, and I can't keep justifying it.

So, if you ladies wouldn't mind helping me out a little bit. Just bump this throughout the day and remind me it's for a good cause, or post something on it to make me laugh and keep my mind distracted, lol. In the past once I got through the first day it was really easy after that. So if you would just help me get through today I would really appreciate it! I'm going to try and keep myself busy as much as I can but I'll probably be on and off here quite a bit.

Thanks so much!! (Wish me luck!)

fingers crossed

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosewind13
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Please smile mini

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Good luck!

I smoke just a few at the end of the day and I really want to stop that too. I know it's hard. You can do it!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Good luck! When you get aggravated or feel tense, come on here and bash some trolls, it helps!!

rosewind13
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Haha, I'll remember that! Thanks :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck! When you get aggravated or feel tense, come on here and bash some trolls, it helps!!

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this

After 72 hours of not having a smoke you no longer have nicotine in your system, so make it past the first three days - and all you're fighting there out is habit.

You can do it, get lollipops to suck on (i used a pen cap, odd I know but it worked)

and just everytime you're tempted look at that precious baby - and know that you want to be there to see her married and have her own babies.

LuvsHopesDreams
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Hey, good luck.  I know how hard that is!

armyvet06
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM
You can do it! I have 2 more cigarettes and then im done. I got the nicotine patches and a bag of suckers ready!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM

ElleLuvsOrchids
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Wishing you luck!

SC_MomofTeens
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Best of luck! I quit about 5 months ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)