Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's talk a budget.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
We recently went from 2 incomes to 1 and its harder than I thought! After paying all bills we have $1,200 left for the month. That breaks down to $300/week. This goes towards food, gas, and anything fun. I feel like that should be plenty, but I feel like its tight.

We just moved from ND where groceries were extremely cheap. I used to spend $450 on almost all organic fresh food. We are in FL now and our grocery bill went up by a couple hundred even with shopping sales and buying less organic. We eat out once a week on swim night. We have two cars which are good on gas.

What do you all have left monthly/weekly after paying bills? How do you break down expenses?

I know its rude to talk about money, so don't answer and tell me so since I'm doing it anyways :p
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemy3boys
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Where in florida are you located?

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM
There is a Dave Ramsey forum on here that is all about discussing budgets.... They would have great advice for you there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Quoting ilovemy3boys:

Patrick afb, right neat cape canaveral.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Quoting Snakecharm:

There is a Dave Ramsey forum on here that is all about discussing budgets.... They would have great advice for you there.

Didn't know that! Ill find them. Thank you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Family of four here, our budget is as follows: $155 for groceries, $80 for home stuff (like maintenance stuff or shoes if the kids need them and other stuff like that), $30 for gas, and $40 for "pocket money" (AKA allowance).

Don't eat out once a week you can't afford it anymore and things like kids classes and monthly expenses (no matter what they are) need to be worked into your budget as bills and decided on from there. 

ilovemy3boys
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM

We are a big of 6 and always seem to have others here during dinner or lunch time. Now I save money by buying a my local framers market/flea market.  I buy all of my fruits and veggies there and save a ton of money and I also get to support our local farms.  I spend 40 a week there compared to 100 at the grocery store and get fresher products.  If you have a winn dixie near you they are great for meats bogo all the time and I save about 200 a month that way, plus i get 30-70 cents off up to 20 gallons of gas.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ilovemy3boys:

ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Coupons. Sales. Plan meals.
Start cutting coupons. Plan meals based on what is on sale. Use coupons on stuff that is on sale and stock up when you can. That will be less that you have to buy later and won't have to pay full price.
Stick to buying just what you need for meals. For snack stuff, get stuff that willake multiple snacks and lunches.
.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I have a several thousand left over I put a couple thousand towards college funds/life insurance/savings and a thousand is my play money...well not lately it's been going all towards school clothes and I'll finish that up next week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Dh pays everything but groceries
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Ooh, ill check out their gas points! I didnt know that. 

Quoting ilovemy3boys:

We are a big of 6 and always seem to have others here during dinner or lunch time. Now I save money by buying a my local framers market/flea market.  I buy all of my fruits and veggies there and save a ton of money and I also get to support our local farms.  I spend 40 a week there compared to 100 at the grocery store and get fresher products.  If you have a winn dixie near you they are great for meats bogo all the time and I save about 200 a month that way, plus i get 30-70 cents off up to 20 gallons of gas.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ilovemy3boys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN