Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Clothes for my 6'8" 14 year old?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 109 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yes, you read that right.

Anyone else have a really tall teenager? Where do you get their clothes? My son has been growing like a weed all year and everything's too small. He's taken that leap from "very tall" to "freakishly tall" and it's hard to find stuff that fits.

He's still only 14 so looking "cool" is also still important to him. He likes to wear preppy and athletic styles. If we can find items along those lines in his size, that would be fantastic. We've looked in Casual Male XL (where his dad shops) but most of their stuff is for an older crowd.

Thanks!

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Have you had his pituitary checked? Wow!
cw23bits
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Yup, the doctor has checked him out and he's fine. He's just a giant, lol. It's not completely unexpected because I'm 6'0", my husband is 6'6", and we have family members who are taller. They expect him to be over 7 feet.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Have you had his pituitary checked? Wow!

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Wow... that is tall! My brother was 6'6 at 16; he wore stuff from the big and tall store; and my mom took it in; or he would get shirts custom made when he had saved up the money for it

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM
4 moms liked this
Olympia Sports has really long tshirts meant for guys who want to look like jackasses with their shirts down to their knees but they'd probably fit him properly.
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I have a 6'3 14 y/o boys so I know your dilema!! Anyway, we get a lot of his stuff at JCPenney. they have a big and tall and recently changed the name to The Foundry. Lots of shirts!!! Good Luck, we start the school shopping routine in 2 weeks UGH!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Have you tried Mens Big and Tall?
OkieMom2673
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My hubby is 6'9, so I feel your pain. Try king size direct, Big Dog clothing, Wicked Jester has really cool Tshirts that my hubby oves! They are all on line stores but well worth it. We also have a place in the city we like to go to called Sams Best Buy, I don't know of their on line it is in Okc. Lots of big and tall and all in fashion. Good luck and if I think of any else I'll post again!
VirgoMom07
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM
My brother is 6'9" and I have no advice for you because most of his shirts are too short! But bumping to see replies because maybe I can help him out and find better places for him to shop lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM

What's it like to have your kid towering over you? DS is getting taller and in a few years I know it will probably happen (not by that much though!) and it scares me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)