Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your kids do this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

I'll try not to be too judgy about this, but I want opinions. I was at Walmart today and saw something that disturbed me a LOT.

I was in produce and saw this little girl (must have been about 3) playing with some apples. She seemed to be all alone until I saw this older girl (maybe about 8 yrs old) walk up to her. She had this displeased look on her face as she snatched the apples out of her hands. The older girl then proceeded to put the apples back, wind back far with one hand and smack the little girl on the rump! The mother emerged and watched this all from a distance. The older girl dragged the little girl screaming to the shopping cart where the woman was standing and waiting patiently.She did nothing.They just calmly moved to the next aisle. Just totally ignored that her older daughter had just hit her younger sibling (and she hit that kid pretty hard), and now the little one was screaming and crying, basically making a scene.

Do you allow older siblings to discipline their younger siblings? Or is this your responsiblity?Does the age difference matter?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Not cool, she needs parenting lessons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:54 PM

BUMP!

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM
No. I'm the parent, I discipline.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM

No. Wtf. And whew, it wasn't me. I just got back from Wally, but was kid free :p

meg0620
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I used to spank my niece and my nephew. But my niece was never allowed to spank her brother and i never spanked my sister. I wouldn't let my older kids spank my younger kids. As a parent, or caregiver, that's an authority position. Siblings is not. It's not their job or responsibility.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM

um... no I would not allow one of my children to hit their sibling. It bothers me when parents allow that.

My Uncle would let my 15 year old cousin spank her 6 year old sister. Not just "Oh it happened" It was "Jessy go spank Nadia"

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I got angry when my mother allowed my q3yo brother to spank my 2yo for hitting him in the balls. She didn't care, because he was hurt.

Dh and I discipline our own children.
Byrd15
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Siblings disciplining siblings? No, not cool. I'll admit to a tap on the butt for my kid once in a while, but I'm learning more proper and effective punishments now, thank goodness!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

CatFishMom
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Hell no. I tell my soon-to-be five year old that he cant even tell my two year old what to do because it's my job. If I caught my eight year old spanking the little one she'd get two swats right there in front of everyone-thats saying a lot for me because discipline is a private matter in my household. If she thinks she has the right to humiliate and strike her sister, she'll get a taste of her own medicine. It'll be the last time she ever does it or punishment will be less immediate and more severe. (Not as in physical but as in loss of priveleges, etc.)

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:59 PM
No for one spanking is punishment not discipline. It is not okay for siblings to administer it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)