Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I drop them off at a safe haven?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 50 Replies
Oh my goodness, my 9 and 11 yo sons fight constantly. There is no peace. We have tried the get along shirt. We have tried so many things. I need suggestions!
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM
5 moms liked this
My mom used to make up stand in the corner and hug for 5 minutes. If either of us started bickering, the timer was reset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Country_Momma89
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Have you tried separating them for a bit?

jesistar6910
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL. 

Make a get along shirt. 

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM
One mom told me she duct taped her kids back to back for an afternoon LOL. Then made them do stuff so they had to cooperate.
I usually just separate mine.
petitekatie
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM

send them outside. My brother would hit eachother, yell, and wrestle. If we went outside and got into a project, we were an amazing team. give them waterguns, or something to build, or some activity to do. GL

arigdon4
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Het along shirt
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Wall sits?
my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My Dad used to tell us to either stop or he was going to hang us up by our toes.  

Honestly though we were told to figure it out for ourselves at that age by my parents.  When my two oldest would fight I would separate them and let things cool down. 

karamille
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:21 PM

If you wouldn't treat your friend like that, its not ok to treat your sibling like that.  Start stripping them of belongings every time they fight.  If they are left with nothing but a bed and two pairs of clothing - so be it

womanwifemomof3
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

What is causing the problem between them? Can triggers be eliminated?  Kids are cranky if they dont get nutrition every few hours or enough sleep or enough exercise and then take it out on each other for no what seems like no reason.  When you have a problem with what they are doing, do you speak respectfully to them to explain the problem so that they have a model as to how to respectfully resolve problems with each other?  Have you all set down and discussed what is okay to do when your upset with someone and what is not.  This conversation needs to take place during neutral times when no one is too upset to think straight.  "It's okay to yell Stop I don't like it.  but its not okay to add stupid idiot at the end of that statement. Discuss how each persons body is their own especiially made body and should be treated with respect.  Wrestling is fine if both are okay with it but when someone says stop, it's over.  If they can't control themself then playing like that isn't allowed until they mature.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured