Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ultrasounds- sneaky, sneaky.

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 55 Replies
So I will start off with how I feel about ultrasounds. I think they are completely safe for the baby. I also will also say that I have NEVER done this nor plan to, just something fun I thought we could all confess too. So any moms out there that just really didn't want to wait until their next ultrasound, tell their doctor something like "I just don't feel right" to get a "Check up ultrasound"? The women in my life actually have done this and some laugh about how easy it was. I want to see my baby all the time, so I completely get it!
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ToolArmy066
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:42 PM
My MIL gave me heartbeat monitor when i was pregnant, i used it everyday lol.
o.O....
by Cara on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM
At my drs office you could schedule a us any time you wanted. It was like $20.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM
You sound smart...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Ok yes. I did lol I was 11 weeks and was impatient. I hadn't heard the heart beat blah blah so I made an excuse to go in just for reassurance so I knew my baby was Alive and well!! I'm currently 30 weeks
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM
My friend had TONS of them! I couldn't believe it! I don't know how she had so many.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally agree with you on ultrasounds being very safe! My last pregnancy, I was very high-risk! I had at least 15 ultrasounds thru my entire pregnancy! I even asked my OB/GYN if me having a lot of ultrasounds was safe for my baby. She assured me that there is NO WAY she would allow me to have so many of them if there was any research proving there is a risk to the unborn baby! One of my ultrasounds lasted 45 minutes!! They were doing measurements, and a very highly-trained ultrasound tech came in and finished up the ultrasound. She is trained in telling whether or not your baby has downs. She told me she was 100% confident that my DD did NOT have downs! She told me my DD had none of the characteristics for downs. She was 100% RIGHT!  No I never told the Dr. a lie to get them to do more ultrasounds.

PookiePanda
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I own a Doppler so I don't waste their time..

Allebas
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM

WOAH!! I've never heard of a Drs. office doing that--but I think its pretty COOL they do it!! :)

Quoting o.O....:

Byrd15
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I thought about it so we could find out the gender at the ER before my husband deployed because the regular ultrasound lady was a bitch and wouldnt tell us, but I didnt. We drove 3 hours to a place and paid for one, we got a CD too. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

kaybreezii
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM
That's awesome! I wish we had choices like that. I have great insurance so no doctor bills for me, so paying $20 would be nothing. Where are you from? What state?
Quoting o.O....:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN