Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you make chicken and dumplings?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I have a rotisserie chicken and biscuits. I don't like it but hubby does so I figured I would surprise him. I have never made it and have no idea how! I want to make it so delicious that even I will love it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.D-_-
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Idk sorry but heres a bump
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM

My mom always would make a chicken soup, like chicken noodle soup, with no noodles, and make bicuits that she added at the very end so they would cook in the broth. But, my friend from Texas, made the southern style, it was creamy and the dumplings were smaller and soooooo delicious!! She has moved, and I so miss her chicken and dumplings!!!

besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I boil my chicken until it's falling apart. Drain most of the water, add chicken broth, cream of chicken & cream of mushroom soup. Then when it's boiling, add drops of rounded dough biscuit (cans of Pillsbury biscuits :)).

MamaScootsie3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:49 PM
This is my favorite recipe! I make it a lot! I double the broth in it though! Good luck!
Cooking spray
1 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth $
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
4 pounds chicken pieces, skinned
1 cup frozen green peas
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Dumplings:
2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick)
2/3 cup fat-free milk
Remaining ingredient:
Chopped parsley (optional)
Preparation

Heat a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in sherry and the next 4 ingredients (sherry through soup), and bring to boil. Add chicken pieces; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken pieces from cooking liquid. Place chicken in a bowl, and chill 15 minutes.
Remove chicken from bones, and cut meat into bite-size pieces. Discard the bones. Add chicken to pan; stir in peas.
Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; stir well.
To prepare dumplings, combine baking mix and milk. Drop the dough into chicken mixture to form 16 dumplings. Bring to a simmer; cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the dumplings are done. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
i_am_no_1
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Buy a bag of Banquet chicken and dumplings and deposit it in the crock pot

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I boil my chicken, then make my own dumplings. My grandma used to do it the way you are talking about once she got older. My grandpa never complained as long as he had cornbread to go with it
ElitestJen
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:55 PM
If you're looking for quick: swansons chicken broth, boneless chicken (cubed), and bisquick.

Otherwise, make a chicken stock by boiling chicken. Debone chicken. Make dumplings and boil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlyssaN
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I did 12 tenderloins, cubed, 1 family size can cream of chicken, 1 small can chicken broth, I can diced carrots, 2 c milk. I heated the broth, milk, and soup over med heat while I diced the chicken, then added that and cooked it for 10 minutes, then added the carrots. I made a double batch of bisquick dumplings, cooked uncovered 20 min, then covered 25 min. You can cut canned biscuit dough into quarters then drop in too.
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I call my MIL. lol
jessiesluv
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Crock pot.

can of cream of chicken soup

butter

fresh chicken tenders

Put ingredients in crock pot. Cook until chicken is done. Using a can of biscuits, pull apart the biscuits and place in crock pot about 45 minutes before you serve.

Easy & yummy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN