Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your husband said this what would you think?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Sitting at dinner and my husband stares at these three women that walk by our table. I told him he didn't have to make it so obvious that he finds them attractive. His response? "not my fault". So when we get home I ask him if he really finds other woman more attractive he said "well there is always someone better looking than you are". Seriously? Maybe it's not a big deal but it really hurt me. He never takes five seconds to tell me I'm beautiful but has no problem telling me how beautiful other women are. I guess if he thinks I'm unattractive, well he knows where the door is.

Edit!!: Thank you for your advice and funny comments, definitely made me laugh. I will be sure to tell him there is someone out there with a bigger Dick than his! That shouldn't be hard to find. (:
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Replies (41-48):
Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM
My DH says "what a JERK!"
And I agree...
Shari1706
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I would kick him to the curb. Make sure he gets a swift kick in the ass. Make sure you wear a good pair of spike boots on! Lol. And make sure you tell him that when he can learn to treat you his wife with more love and say the things he should be saying to you not these skanks then get to steppin and don't come back till you do!
moniagee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this
That lasts longer and feels better.

Quoting Tatiana7:

And there is always another dick that will be bigger than his......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdy9440
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM

That's so mean!

LilRed2130
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Your husband is a complete and total ass! You deserve better!

LetoLiebe
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Very inconsiderate and hurtful. A better and more realistic response would have been, "Yes, some times I do find other women attractive, that's only human nature, and occasionally I will look, but I'm sorry if I was inconsiderate and you should know that to me, there is no woman as beautiful as you are, no matter how hard I look to find one, lol" ....AWWWWW, but no, he did not say that did he, and I don't blame you for feeling rejected and hurt.

Some men just don't get it...they just don't. To even accidentally insinuate you don't find your woman attractive can be a relationship killer, not because women are so waek and fragile in their self esteem, but because it reflects on the man's feelings toward the woman.

If a super model's man told her he finds her ugly or not as attractive as other women she would know for a fact, as many of us non-super models know,  it's not true and there would be some one new tomorrow if she wished, but it would still cause a ton of pain because it reflects his perspective of her and no one in thier right mind wants to be found unattractive by their partner, made to look and feel like a one sided relationship fool, and she has the sad misfortune of being the one side:(

He is your hubby though and probablyjust didn't think it through or think you would take it personally if your are a secure and confident woman. 

It would be very nice if all men understoodthat when it comes to the woman they love they don't need to remind them of the fact that there is always some one prettier out there. There is physically, of course, and I think society does a great job of reminding us of that, both obviously ans subconsciously every 20 mins, and a girl with confidence and and a positive, secure self image will not be affected by that general fact, just as I am not, and may in factfind her self enjoying all the beauty around her as well, just as I do, but to hear it form YOUR man in a flippant or cavalier was is a big NO..NO.. and like I said, some just do not get it.

Sorry. Try not to let it ruin your relationship, hopefully he will apologize for his insensitivity soon before you have too much time to unwillingly remember and ponder on his hurtful words. That crap really sticks with us woman unfortunately (for both parties) and it seems like once it's said it's not easily forgotten. It invokes a bad feeling. That's for sure.

Once my friend's fiance gave her a book for her birthday on the topic of how to become more attractive to your mate!! Yeah..that was awkward and needless to say they are lot together any more. He sincerely meant it to be helpful to their relationship apparently, from later reports, but everyone in the room was just horrified!...and rightly so, LOL

That would be like telling a man he is a sucky lover and you can't help but notice how good other men are at it by how sexually satisfied there women are, and that there will always be some one better at satisfying a woman than him out there or that he is a poor provider who does not put enough effort in to supporting his family (no matter how much he kills him self for his family) and you can't help but notice how other men make it all look so easy with their well cared for wives and kids!

Number one, no woman thinks these teriible things of the man she loves and even if she did (which I really can't see becuase she would leave him eventually) she would never say it because it is hurtful and cruel and if she were dumb enough and cruel enough to say it, no self respecting man would deal with those perceptions to well and the relationship would end in a matter of a few months. Right?

Sorry he hurt your feelings. He probablydidn't even realize he did. I'm sure you are beautiful and he probably just assumed you know that and you're confident in his love for you and that you wouldn't be threatened by his opinion on anyone else, prettier or not.

Stupid...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I know my hubby really likes redheads (& I'm brunette), but he would never say something as insensitive as that to me!  It sounds like your DH doesn't respect you and is being a royal jerk to put it nicely. In your case, I'd feel free to "drool" over other good looking guys, and be sure to comment on their attributes! lol

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:21 AM
wow.
What a dick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured