Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should i say something to her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Dh's best friends girlfriend hates me. When we first met, i tried being nice but she never really seemed interested in being friendly with me, much less being friends. She's friends with dhs ex girlfriend.
So after a few months of me being polite and her literally not saying one word to me or anyone else while im around, i got frustrated and asked her why she bothered to come chill if she wasnt gonna say anything, and all she had to say is "i dont have anything to say"
So from then on i just stopped trying to be polite to her and ignored her ass and just acted like she wasnt there.
I dont know if this might have anything to do with it, dh says it does but idk, but im about 5'8 and 130 lbs, she is a few inches taller than me and probably double my weight. Dont get me wrong, she has a pretty face (and huge boobs that she definitely shows off!) but she is kind of a large woman. Dh says she might be intimidated by me because i am so much smaller and outgoing than she is.
When dh and i got married (no wedding, we eloped) she texted him and asked him if "he really married me" and why he didnt tell her boyfriend... we didnt really tell anyone but our parents. Us getting married was personal and we didnt want people bugging us to include them when we wanted it to be special and between us. So after he told her that yes, we got married she just texted back "oh well congrats i guess..." wtf is that supposed to mean?
So recently i have tried to be nice to her again, asked her questions about her job, just tried to make pleasant and polite conversation and i hear from DH that shes saying she doesnt like me. I DONT GET IT! This chick has basically been a cold stone wall to me from the first time I met her two years ago, and with the exception of the one time when I asked her why she never said a word, I havent been anything but polite to her.
Dh and his friend are really close and I know it would mean a lot to him for us all to get along, he sees that I try with her and she's just weird about me for some reason! Dhs friend and I can be friendly, but if his gf is around, he acts all awkward and weird too... without her around, we joke and laugh and act like normal human beings.
So after two years, should I ask her what her problem with me is, give up on being nice to her, or just keep being polite whenever she is around? Being polite to her almost feels fake to me because she doesnt say a single word to me... I dont get what her deal is!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM
She's possibly jealous of you? I'd just continue to be polite. Maybe one day she'll pull the stick from her ass and warm up to you.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Why bother? I'd leave it alone and be civil.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Wow i didnt realize that was so long!
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Who cares what her deal is...

And if she was friends with your husband's ex-girlfriend then her allegiance would be with the ex-girlfriend. Childish but true. Everyone won't like you. Stop wasting energy and time trying to figure out why she doesn't like you. Life is short..make new friends. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Its been two years since i met her! How much longer could she possibly need?

Quoting Anonymous:

She's possibly jealous of you? I'd just continue to be polite. Maybe one day she'll pull the stick from her ass and warm up to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM
She'd probably just take it as an attack, I wouldn't bother saying anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Its not that I dont have friends, ive got a great bunch of awesome girlfriends, i basically want to be friendly with her so dh can hang out with his buddy and me, and not feel like he needs to choose because she is around and makes an awkward situation... if that makes sense?

Quoting moosesmom:

Who cares what her deal is...

And if she was friends with your husband's ex-girlfriend then her allegiance would be with the ex-girlfriend. Childish but true. Everyone won't like you. Stop wasting energy and time trying to figure out why she doesn't like you. Life is short..make new friends. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Bumpity bump bump
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this

She is friends with his EX-GF.......what don't you understand about her  NOT liking you or being friendly at all???

emandab
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Eh, I'd keep being polite.  Not friendly per say, but nice.  That way you are the bigger person, and trust me, everyone around will see it and she will be the bitch in the end.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)