Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes he was racist however according to Stand your ground he was innocent...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yes I absolutely agree that Zimmerman was probably a racist prick who followed Martin beccause he was black however it is not illegal to follow someon..It has been proven that it was Martin who was the one who confronted Zimmerman...Now after that what occured is a matter of opinion...But with the injuries to Zimmerman on the back of his head and his nose and the injuries on Martin being scraped knuckles and a bullet to the chest this leads us to the theory that Martin was on top of Zimmerman hitting him...therefor this proves Stand Your Ground...The law has to be fair to everyone even if you dont like that person, even if that person is trash. You cant pick and choose who gets to be protected by the laws of our country and who doesnt.

In the United States of America, stand-your-ground law states that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an unlawful threat, without an obligation to retreat first. The concept sometimes exists in statutory law and sometimes through common law precedents. One key distinction is whether the concept only applies to defending a home or vehicle, or whether it applies to all lawfully occupied locations.

Definition of Stand Your Ground for those of you who arent familiar with it...

Under these legal concepts, a person is justified in using deadly force in certain situations and the "stand your ground" law would be a defense or immunity to criminal charges and civil suit. The difference between immunity and a defense is that an immunity bars suit, charges, detention and arrest. A defense, such as an affirmative defense, permits a plaintiff or the state to seek civil damages or a criminal conviction but may offer mitigating circumstances that justify the accused's conduct.

More than half of the states in the United States have adopted the Castle doctrine, stating that a person has no duty to retreat when their home is attacked. Some states go a step further, removing the duty of retreat from other locations. "Stand Your Ground", "Line In The Sand" or "No Duty To Retreat" laws thus state that a person has no duty or other requirement to abandon a place in which he has a right to be, or to give up ground to an assailant. Under such laws, there is no duty to retreat from anywhere the defender may legally be.[1] Other restrictions may still exist; such as when in public, a person must be carrying firearms in a legal manner, whether concealed or openly

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:29 AM
6 moms liked this
I don't think he was racist because that was a crime filled community. He was doing his job.
TeddiGrams
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:30 AM
2 moms liked this
He is not guilty. In no way is he innocent
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:36 AM
9 moms liked this

They proved he wasn't racist ( he didn't even know Martins race - but martin knew he was a "CRACKER") - SMH -  and he's also NOT GUILTY of murder or any other charges - Riot all you want in your home, tear up your house, yell, scream, and bitch, but he's not guilty - now move along to another subject, this one grows tiresome for all!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Quoting SageAdvice:

They proved he wasn't racist ( he didn't even know Martins race - but martin knew he was a "CRACKER") - SMH -  and he's also NOT GUILTY of murder or any other charges - Riot all you want in your home, tear up your house, yell, scream, and bitch, but he's not guilty - now move along to another subject, this one grows tiresome for all!!

LOL why would I riot? I agree with the verdict I just dont understand why everyone is all for the law and equality until they disagree with  it.....

TB78
by Tasha on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM
3 moms liked this
If you believe in the Stand Your Ground defense, then you should be led to believe that trayvon martin "Stood His Ground" when he believed his own life was in danger by a stranger following him at night in a strange neighborhood!
isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM
If he had the weapon and time to shoot couldn't he just as easily retreated , he had the upper hand.
MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have put my hands on him too.  Following me?  Uh yeah that's a no go. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

If he had the weapon and time to shoot couldn't he just as easily retreated , he had the upper hand.

According to Stand Your Ground a person is not required to retreat they are legally able to use deadly force

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM
He wasn't racist. Idiot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting MrsMiles85:

I would have put my hands on him too.  Following me?  Uh yeah that's a no go. 

and this is the attitude that got Trayvon killed...all he had to do was use his cell phone to call 911 or his Father or even run home instead he chose to aggressivly confront George and now he is dead and everyone blames George yet he did not break the law

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)