Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
i Hate my family my grandmother passed away at 4:25am on 7/12/13 not even a day later the family (my aunts 5 of them) are fighting over who gets what and what goes wear its like OMG she just die why dont you grieve and be sad. quit fighting! the cops were even called because they were fighting so bad. 6 cars showed up. then one of the aunts brings up the fact J (the only brother) and asks if im over it and if i have forgiven him for what i "imagined" him going to me. and the cant believe im not over it. J raped/molested me EVERYDAY for TWO years. you dont just get over that and forgive really how do expect me to forgive him. i was shaking so bad. i called my SO and told him i need to have a xanix ready for me when i got home. they all tried to give me a hug and my cousin knows how im feeling as her hand is turning purple because im squeezing it so tight. I REALLY HATE MY FAMILY I WISH I COULD HAVE A NEW FAMILY. ones that have compassion and love for one another. sorry it was more like a rant
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Hugs mama, I know the feeling. Wash your hands of them and stay strong! 

Anonandon
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I'm sorry :(

We went through that too with my father in law. As soon as my husband's "mother" heard of his death, she immediately contacted my husband (who she hadn't spoken to in about 12 years) and asked where her cut of the money was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexTornado
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM

it really sucks when an older relative passes away because the rest of the family loses their mind over the will, the belongings, who gets what & all that.  why does everyone's family seem to freak out like this?  i don't get it. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss

BUT darlin....this is just teh beginning....smdh

In a few weeks.........people will literally becoming out of the woodwork (people you have never heard of in your entire life) to claim money, possessions and/or property

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Sometimes the best thing one can do it cut all biological family from ones life and form a new family with close friends and ones own children - spouse and loved ones. Family isn't about blood, it's about understanding and love.

hotmama88
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:32 AM
I totally agree with this. There is a big difference between family and relatives. If these people are not a positive influence in your life then screw them. They've probably been plotting for years about what who would get when she passed away. I'm sorry that people are being so foolish at this time but you don't HAVE to deal with these people if you don't choose to. Don't feel obligated because of being related to these morons. Also I'm sorry that they don't acknowledge what you went through. Its hard enough experiencing that, but it makes it worse when you feel as though no one is on your side. :(
Quoting SageAdvice:

Sometimes the best thing one can do it cut all biological family from ones life and form a new family with close friends and ones own children - spouse and loved ones. Family isn't about blood, it's about understanding and love.

Nlvonblah
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:40 AM

WE never "get over it"!!  I can tell that you are in a lot of pain and that it really sucks for you to have a family that has little concern for the living and the dead.  Yep, your family sucks.  I'm with you on that.  N 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Sorry for your loss. I hate when family fights over things when they should focus on the person who passed away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Welcome to my world..... my brother took money from my dad to lie in court (on trial) and say that my dad never molested me and that I was a liar........ It didn't work and he was sent to prison and my brother was charged as well...

Sorry for all the shit you have to go through, no one deserves that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Thank you

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Hugs mama, I know the feeling. Wash your hands of them and stay strong! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured