Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Leaving it too Late?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

I know this is a moderately hard subject to bring up, and everyone has an opinion on it.

Obiously there is no wrong or right.

I just cannot help but feel that a woman having her first child after 35 is somehow morally twisted. Women seem to think they can have careers throughout their fertile years, and when fertility starts to decline (and rapidly) it's suddenly time to be a mother?
Just sits wrong with me.

I know this isn't the case always, and that some people start early but don't have good fertility to begin with so it takes them that long, but for me, choosing to have a child that late in life, with the doubled and tripled health risks that are posed to the baby and yourself, that's wrong.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:02 AM

LOL My mom had me at 40.

No one gives a shit about your stupid little self centered opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:04 AM

My mother had me at 32. I dislike her for it, she had the 9yrs in between my sister and myself to think about having me, but oh well.

Besides back then, we didn't have the medical knowledge that we have now; they didn't know it increased health risks back then.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL My mom had me at 40.

No one gives a shit about your stupid little self centered opinion.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Morally twisted?

Well I guess morality really is subjective.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Of course it is. Morality is as simple as the perception of the one who believes it.

For instance a murderer may see their actions as morally justified, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Morally twisted?

smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I was young in my family having my first child at 29. My Mom was almost 37 when she had me. Both my grandmothers waited until they were in their 30's because of the.great depression. I think the positives of waiting out way the negative.
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:09 AM

.....riiiight.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course it is. Morality is as simple as the perception of the one who believes it.

For instance a murderer may see their actions as morally justified, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Morally twisted?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I think you have to look at the generation split too, every generation our cells are diminishing, humans literally become more imperfect every generation. So perhaps back then it was safer to have a child later in life. However, back then it was also massively taboo to use any kind of birth control and to do so was to be shunned by church and people alike.

Quoting smalltowngal:

I was young in my family having my first child at 29. My Mom was almost 37 when she had me. Both my grandmothers waited until they were in their 30's because of the.great depression. I think the positives of waiting out way the negative.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Zimmerman, in my eyes, is a murderer. To the jury he is also a murderer, but in their eyes his murder was justified, in mine it was not (just a current day example). Get it?

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

.....riiiight.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Morally twisted?

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM
It doesn't impact your life at all...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:15 AM
It was riskier back then to have child. The other part doesn't make sense that it would be riskier to have children only 2 generations later.

I still think the positives of waiting to have kids out weighs the negative in the majority of cases.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you have to look at the generation split too, every generation our cells are diminishing, humans literally become more imperfect every generation. So perhaps back then it was safer to have a child later in life. However, back then it was also massively taboo to use any kind of birth control and to do so was to be shunned by church and people alike.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)