Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will not let him sit in his own piss. Eta

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
It's 2:30 in the morning I'm giving my son a bath.
Mom "what the hell are you doin it's 2:30"
Me" cleaning Steven his diaper leaked"
Mom "couldn't you have waited like 7 hours and then done it your going to wake up the while house"
Me "no my son is not going to sleep covered in piss"

Then we really argued she said I was noisy but for the record I wasn't no one else even heard anything and she got up to use the bathroom that's why she was up. She also told me why didn't I just use a baby wipe and I'm thinking to myself that doesn't really clean the mess. It was just pee and no I don't use shitty diapers I use pampers baby dry. I changed him at 8 he fell asleep at 8:30 usually he wakes up at 11 to eat and I change him again but last night he didn't so I let him sleep.
Was I inconsiderate using the bathroom at 2:30 or was I doing the right thing?

My son is quick to rash up over anything I have to keep his but lathered in but paste because he gets diaper rash quickly. He has very sensitive skin and anything on too long rashes up. Maybe that will make a difference.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:09 AM
This was done last night
QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Ahh the joys of living with your parents with a baby :)

ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:09 AM
4 moms liked this
You were inconsiderate. It wouldn't have killed him to get wiped down, and then bathed in the morning.
sweetsmum
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I dunno, I guess that depends on the lay out of the house. You also could have used a warm wash cloth, would have made less noise. I never felt the need to bathe for pee at 2 am, only poop or puke. But you do what you think is right.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM
You did the right thing.
I usually just give DS a sink bath when that happens because its a bit quieter than the tub!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg is this another "I live with my parents but I'm going to bitch about it" post?
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM

i think it was fine. i think it would also have been fine to use wipes on him and call it good. as long as his jammies and bedding are fresh, that's what matters imo..

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Ps you could have changed his diaper and laid a blanket down over the pee til morning.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:12 AM
If his diaper had leaked and everything was wet I'd have done it too. Just a full diaper I'd wipe him with a warm cloth. And I wouldn't have yelled at you for bathing him.

But I also moved out at 17. Hopefully you get your own place soon. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I usually don't complain. We go half on everything bills rent and all so were more roommates. Neither if us could afford to live on our own.

Quoting jamamama00:

Omg is this another "I live with my parents but I'm going to bitch about it" post?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)