Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Didn't correct the cashier when I caught her mistake

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

So we went to a restaurant yesterday. We go to this place 3-4 times a month. No problems with them before and so when we encountered a problem yesterday we were blown away! 

Kids meal that they offer is: Small quesadilla with a side of rice, beans, a small bag of chips and a kids drink.

My child (nearly 8) hates beans and can't stand the flavor of the rice and they don't give the chips anymore for the kids meal in our location. The quesadilla tthey usually make is usually 1 small tortilla folded in half. We've been going for about a year and never had a problem requesting that they make it with a full small tortilla on the top and one on bottom with the same amount of cheese in the middle. Skip the beans and rice and we order a bag of chips/salsa separately for all of us to share. No problem right? They always charge us the same as a regular kids meal because they say it doesn't cost them any extra doing it this way because he doesn't get the sides. 

So we do our normal orders all is good right? Wrong. Out of no where the cashier goes off on us about how we need to pay for 2 kids meals. Despite the fact that we're only getting one kids drink and no beans, chips or rice. She flips out about how we need to pay more. Honestly I was just going to say fine whatever but 2 other employee's walked up and told her not to charge us like that even being told the manger knows we do this and has no problem. She argued back and forth making a scene with the other 2 employee's several times then finally decides she's going to move us along but states very loudly "I'm calling the district manager". Honestly DH and I were deer in headlights we said nothing because we couldn't believe this was going on in front of us and our child. She rings us up and DH handed her his credit card and we walked away. Neither of us even looked at the price because she didn't state it and we were still in shock that it was that big of a deal to her and she was still grumbling to other employee's the entire time.

We went and sat down to eat (after she stormed off to the back office, the two other employee's apologized to us about 10 times) and DH checked the receipt just to keep in mind how much we spent. Turns out she didn't charge for one of our meals while she was so busy bitching about how we should pay more. We didn't go back and tell them. At the time we sort of felt like it was karma on behalf of the employee who couldn't get out of her own way. 

I feel incredibly guilty about it though. DH doesn't. But I do. Ugh. What would you have done?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM
4 moms liked this

I would have smiled and thought to myself "what an asshole"

SophiasMommy911
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
After all that I wouldnt have corrected it either! And you shouldn't feel guilty imo, the lady was a biotch lol
Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM
8 moms liked this

I would have demanded she call the district manager right there because I had a complaint to file about the treatment i was getting and her behavior.

I would have then informed the manager that not only are you leaving and NOT coming back, but you're considering contacting the local news about the treatment you've received at the hands of this errant cashier.

EmmasMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't have said anything and wouldn't feel guilty either.
taramac
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Yup, I wouldn't have said anything either. That's her fault for not paying attention and throwing a fit in front of customers.
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have said anything.

b0bbied0ll
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Chipolte?
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Umm I don't think any of you were right in this scenario.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BluePandaDreams
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM
5 moms liked this
I wouldn't have said anything either. And no, I wouldn't have felt guilty. But I would call the store manager and file a complaint or got the number for the district office and called on her.

I would also think about the possibility that previous cashier were breaking or bending store policy for your benefit and the cashier was actually correct. And that would be something that would be cleares up when I called the store manager. Even shift managers bend rules.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Who the hell does she think she is?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)