Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Single Moms...Do you make time for love life (dating)

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 182 Replies

Chime in

Do you make time for love life? outside of children?

I am always told I am very lucky to have the father I do for my son.  He allows me to have so much free time.  I have my son 4 days a week on the back end of the week, and he has my son at the front end for 3 days.  

So I get 3 days to focus on things for me, like a love life with my SO, and 4 days to focus on my child, and put love life on hold, SO understands he can't be around as much when my son is home.  

I am FT student as well and I work, I just get those few days to myself which helps.

Anywho

Do you make time?

Do you think you should?

Do you think you should wait until the kids are out of the house or in school, etc?

If you are not a single mom, what are your thoughts?

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:03 AM
8 moms liked this

according to CM, single moms aren't allowed to date.

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
4 moms liked this
Full time single mom, full time student, part time job. I really don't have time lol. But I'm not looking either.
RJC78
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this

You're pretty lucky!  DDs dad NEVER takes her.  But yeah, you're entitled to a social life of your own.  If that includes dating, so be it!  Best of luck!

PS  LOL at previous poster :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I'm a semi single mom right now. Dh and I are seperated. I don't consider is a time when I can be "dating" as we are working on "us". However, I have taken the time to consider what u ask if we don't end up together again. I'm pretty sure I will figure some way out to start dating again in time. But I like ur schedule. Seems perfect.
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I guess I made time.

When it divorced I moved in with my parents for about a year. During that time I went out with my friends a lot more. My ex didn't take our daughter during the divorce, I left him for domestic violence and abuse.. So much of the time he was not allowed to see our daughter.
But I did go out with friends once a week or so, my parents stayed with my dd.. So I was lucky for that.

I met my DH during that time and or the first few months he came around when she was asleep, or my parents would babysit for me while we would go on dates.

Now we're married and make time fr eachother still, but more at home time of course :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM
4 moms liked this

CMers can be CRAZY

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

according to CM, single moms aren't allowed to date.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
My ex believes that i should only ever date or see someone when he has our son. Which would be maybe four days out of the month. I find that ridiculous. My so started coming over when my son was asleep, and we would be together on the weekends the ex had my son. Its gotten very serious with us and I've introduced them. They adore one another now and my so is making a great step father. I am happier now than i was with my husband, even when we were on good terms. Lol
sweetsmum
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think there's anything wrong with dating. Nothing wrong with not dating. I admit, at one point, I was a sniveling, pathetic, lonely mess. Funny thing is, as soon as I got over that and decided just to live life for myself and my kids and see what happens....I met my boyfriend. We've been together for a year now.

I don't really think people should wait until their child turns 18. I just don't see the point and in a way, I think it sends the message to the kids that mom is a mom and nothing more. However, I really don't care what other people do as long as they are mature about it.

My boyfriend and I have extremely busy schedules. It can be difficult balancing that with the kids. So, I make a concerted effort to have special time, every day with the kids. I also make sure I never inconvenience the kids or make them wait around on us/him for anything unnecessary.

We have a lot of "dates" after he gets off work when the kids are in bed.  Unfortunately, their father only drops in when he has a girlfriend, so he's not much help to me.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I date on weekends when my girls are at their dads.
unspecified42
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I made time. I waited until my son was older because I wasn't ready before that. He was 6 when I met my husband. We dated for a while, going out while my family watched my son, before we introduced them. We got married this past May.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)