Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this also like "playing" GOD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

If abortion is such a huge debate what about fertility treatments?  Should there be strict laws by how many times it can be done?  Certain regulations restrictions etc or funding?  If u can get a free abortion why can't people get free fertility treatments?  

Also on children conceived through fertility treatments has research been done long term to see how that "test tube baby" is able to conceive?  Or the offspring of the test tube baby?  

I have never had fertility issues but know people that do either way I'm not bias one way or the other on abortion or fertility treatments just want more info!  

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Oh, no. Because if it means bringing a baby into this world, it's God's Will. *gag*

LectioDivina
by A.Priori on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

There is no playing God.

The light is in everything and everywhere.

To move a rock is to play God.

To kill a deer,

To plant a flower....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Its population control. Same with gay people....
Chaos1229
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Hmmm sitting back and watching.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I personally think IVF and the like are playing God. Reason abortions are free is to stop more welfare cases, and if you have Medicaid sometimes you CAN get free fertility treatment it depends on where you live and the doctor.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I personally believe it's playing God. But If they want to spend all that money; they can do it. I think they have the right to do it as often as they and their doctor decide. Doctors are *supposed* to eventually counsel that a couple stops.

I don't know if there had been any testing done.

And that would be stupid for people to get IVF/IUI etc for free; if you can't afford it; save, get a loan or adopt.

Abortion is free because it is supposed to be reducing the number of people on welfare; free fertility treatments may just increase that number.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM
With ivf they often fertilize multiple eggs and only use a few. the remaining embyros are then disgarded. to me it mimicks abortions very closely. though i also dont believe a fertilized egg to be a human child. Imo neither is playing God.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I get your point and agree that fertility treatments have gone too far. I had a friend that carried a deadly gene that killed her young brother. She had the egg genetically altered to remove this gene and even pick the sex of the child. I'm not pro or against, but it gives me the heebie jeebies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Abortion is a medical procedure used within that persons body to prevent a medical condition. IVF if you are unable to afford it, you are probaly unable to afford a child. If you cannot save 30,000 in 5 yrs, you would struggle to support a child longterm.
suzysdaughter
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh & I tried for a long time. We DID resort to iui and NO WE DIDN'T PLAY GOD! That's offensive. Our fertility doc says. He's not playing God he is a tool God uses. I couldn't be happier or prouder that our blessing from God is due any day now! Iui is very different from ivf we still needed God and Mother Nature all we did was stimulate eggs and shorten sperms race to them. FYI her middle name is Grace. B/c by the Grace of God she's coming to us!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured