Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Questions abouth the Sabbath - for Christians

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 36 Replies

The Ten Commandments state "honor the Sabbath". It is also translated into "observe the Sabbath" or "remember the Sabbath".

my preacher says church is important because of Christian fellowship. I agree that is important, but I am anti-social and don't talk to people, so I don't receive fellowship.  

So do you believe church is that important. Why or why not? Can't I just do my devotional and listen to a sermon online?

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i_am_no_1
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Bump

slvr115
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I think people should worship in a way that makes them comfortable. If that's what is best for you, go for it!
XJetX
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not xtian by far, but in your beliefs god is all around you, right? So why confine your worship to one building?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ichthus
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Church stresses my dh out. He's introverted, too, and doesn't like the throngs of people and the singing that goes on for so long. If you connect with God through your devotional and/ or listening to the sermon online then I think that is more of a sabbath for you than going to church.

I do think you need to be connected to other Christians, even if it's just one or two. You need a few close relationships to support you in your walk with God.

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:52 AM

The idea of fellowship is more community than anything else. I know that when my father died, all I wanted was to hole up in my room and never leave. I managed to go to church, and it was hard, but I was grateful for all of the people around me.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM
It is good for fellowship with other believers.That's one reason why God wanted us to gather, so we as Christians would not feel as if we were alone in the world. But If you don't want the fellowship; don't go. I prefer getting my fellowship through small biblestudy groups rather than Sunday church services
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

pretty sure god doesn't take attendance.

worship in whatever manner that works for YOU

Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Actually the sabbath was for Jews on a Saturday in the Old Testament. In the New Testament it says you should meet on the first day of the week, per take of the bread/fruit of the vine (lords supper), make a joyful noise, pray, etc and not forsake the assembly. I'm a New Testament Christian, I go on Sunday, I do not keep the sabbath (Saturday)
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I think for me church is important, I enjoy and take a lot away from the tradtion and the ceremony.

however I do not think that you need church and fellowship to be a good christian or to practice your faith.

If you take a time out of your week, or day, to just reflect on your life, the good and the bad and have a conersation with yourself and God, you're good to go.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you can worship however you want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)