Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cory Monteith Died...

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 27 Replies

It is so horrible that so many young actors are dying from drugs or alcohol.

It doesnt say yet if alcohol or drugs were the cause of death. I would guess with his history it is one or the other.

I have never been on drugs but I know people who are or have been. I know it can be hard to quit but it is not completely unheard of to stop.

Cory Monteith dead at 31: Body of troubled 'Glee' star found in Vancouver hotel room

Monteith, 31, was discovered by staff of the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in downtown Vancouver. No foul play was suspected, but the cause remains unconfirmed.

Comments (14)

By / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 2:07 AM
Updated: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 4:41 AM

-ALLCOUNTRY

Sharky / Splash News/Sharky / Splash News

Glee's Lea Michele and Cory Monteith at Los Angeles Airport. Monteith was found dead Saturday morning in a Vancouver hotel room.

Teen idol and global TV star Cory Monteith - who starred in "Glee" - was found dead in Canada on Saturday.

Popular Monteith, 31, who had recently completed a stint in rehab for drug addiction, was found by staff at the Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia, on Saturday afternoon, officials said.

Cory Monteith with girlfriend Lea Michele in 2012. Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room Saturday morning.

Jordan Strauss/JORDAN STRAUSS/INVISION/AP

Cory Monteith with girlfriend Lea Michele in 2012. Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room Saturday morning.

Millions of fans knew him as high school heartthrob turned teacher Finn Hudson - a show regular since 2009. In real life he has battled addiction issues, which close friend and co-star Dot Jones puts down to a troubled childhood.

RELATED: ‘GLEE' STAR CORY MONTEITH ENDS DRUG-ABUSE REHAB

The cast of the Fox show 'Glee' seen filming scenes for the season finale on location in New York City's Central Park.

Splash News/Splash News

The cast of the Fox show 'Glee' seen filming scenes for the season finale on location in New York City's Central Park.

Monteith, who was dating the "Glee" leading actress Lea Michele for more than a year, had been staying at the hotel since July 6. Just a few hours before his death, the star tweeted about watching TV movie "Sharknado," which was a huge hit on the Syfy network.

Vancouver cops confirmed the young star's death. Staff discovered his body after he missed his checkout time.

Actress Lea Michele with actor Cory Monteith, who was found dead by hotel staff Saturday.

Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage

Actress Lea Michele with actor Cory Monteith, who was found dead by hotel staff Saturday.

Police sources suspect his death was not the result of foul play.

RELATED: CORY MONTEITH OF ‘GLEE' CHECKS INTO REHAB

Cory Monteith (right) in a scene from the Fox show 'Glee.'

Cory Monteith (right) in a scene from the Fox show 'Glee.'

Cops have reviewed hotel video tapes and confirmed Monteith was alone when he returned to his room last night.

As for the actual cause of the Canadian native's death, the coroner said her department will need to run further tests to know for sure. More details should be available in the next few days. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

Cory Monteith was with friends Friday night but was alone when he was found dead.

Kevin Winter/Getty Images

Cory Monteith was with friends Friday night but was alone when he was found dead.

Monteith had seemed in good spirits while dining with friends at the Eats At Main Cafe in Vancouver on Thursday. His pal Elena K snapped a shot of Monteith in shadow, which he used as his Twitter home shot. That may have been the last picture taken of him alive.

PHOTOS: STARS GONE TOO SOON

Troubled star Cory Monteith had a recent stint in rehab.

Sara Jaye Weiss/Sara Jaye Weiss

Troubled star Cory Monteith had a recent stint in rehab.

Girlfriend Michele, 26, was last seen in a bikini on holiday with friends in Mexico on Monday. She did not immediately react to his death publicly or on social media.

On June 30, Jones, Monteith's co-star, revealed that Monteith went into rehab over his childhood issues.

Cory Monteith, 31, was a rising star.

Cory Monteith, 31, was a rising star.

Jones, 49, broke ranks to talk about Monteith's recent stint in rehab as she discussed how young stars are out of control in Hollywood.

PHOTOS: TV'S BEST MUSICAL MOMENTS

"A lot get carried away with getting too much money too fast and they are spoiled little brats ," she said. "I am not talking about Cory. He had a rough childhood."

Jones had expected Monteith to recover. He had recently posted messages on Twitter about his time in Vancouver, interest in music and hopes for his next film, "All The Wrong Reasons."

Monteith, a native of Calgary, Alberta, left school at 16 for a life of crime and then turned to drugs. He spent his first stint in rehab at 19, but continued with counselling for his dependency issues.

He spent time in rehab early this year, checking into a drug-addiction treatment facility in April. He had been frank about his struggles with substance abuse, telling Parade magazine in 2011 that he began using drugs at 13, and went into rehab six years later, after his mother and friends intervened.

In 2011, Monteith won a Teen Choice award for top actor in a comedy. The show's cast won a Screen Actors Guild award for an ensemble in a comedy the prior year.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/cory-monteith-star-glee-dies-article-1.1398312#ixzz2Yz9Qejt5

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I'm devastated. I absolutely loved Finn, though I stopped watching the show a while after Rachel and Finn broke up. Can't stand the new people. 28-year-old Gleek here. LOL

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I thought I was bad. 26 over here lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

bump

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Oh god.... there's a terrible joke I want to say... but I won't.

*slams head against desk*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM
They announced it was a mix of heroin and alcohol. They say when you just get out of rehab you are at a higher risk of ODing.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Very sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I have no sympathy for him, he did it to himself.  He wanted to be stupid enough to do drugs, he got what he deserved.

I do feel for his family though.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM

You do realize that addiction is an illness, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no sympathy for him, he did it to himself.  He wanted to be stupid enough to do drugs, he got what he deserved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

So sad...he was a great singer and loved his acting. Sucks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM

He didn't have that disease the very first time he touched that shit....that's where the stupidity began....

Quoting katemckenzie:

You do realize that addiction is an illness, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)