Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You can't wear that, fatty!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM
  • 155 Replies
12 moms liked this

A few months ago, I was a size 22/24. I started counting calories (1700-1900 a day) and working out (burning 1000ish calories each day during my workout) the first week of May. 

I've only lost 10 pounds, and the scale hasn't moved in weeks. Today, I was looking for something to wear.. my pants are too baggy/saggy so I went over and was looking through my dresses. This one was my "goal" dress that I bought last year and gave up on. It's a very stretchy size 14. When I tried it on in May, I looked like a stuffed sausage and almost cried.

I tried it on today, about 9 weeks later, and it not only fits.. it'll be too big for me soon! :) So while the dress was staring at me, saying "you can't wear me, fatty!", I was trying it on and fitting into it! So happy for small goals.. now I need to set a harder one. Maybe something not stretchy? That scares me...

I currently weigh 249 in this photo and I think I probably wear a size 18. Not 100% positive as my 20s are a bit baggy but I'm not buying new clothes. And yes, I'm tall. I'm 6'2".

There's no magic. There's no quick fix. But the scale is an evil bastard so if you are working hard and the scale is not moving, IGNORE IT.... look at your  progress in other ways!

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM
5 moms liked this
It may fit but it's not very flattering.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM
You look great!! I'm starting in your position and I hope I'm as successful!
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I think it looks great!
jmjdj
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM
3 moms liked this
Congrats on reaching your goal!! It is hard work and you should give yourself a pat on the back.
FL2AK
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM
You look great! Congrats on getting fit.
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!

You look great and I think the dress is really cute.

sunrisekn
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome job! 

Dreamly
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Yep, why I don't bother weighing myself. I just go by how my clothes fit and if they are getting too big on me :)
hypnautica
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Great job but the dress is ugly. Go buy yourself something sexy you deserve it.
Princesitamoni
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Just because the scale isbn't moving doesnt mean your body isnt looking better.you're losing inches! Great job. I think you look great :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN