Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

As the wife you are always the harder relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
4 moms liked this

I think a lot about why cheating happens and it has come to my attention the wife is in a bad spot. No matter how loving, kind, supportive and sexual you are. Your relationship as a couple will always be one that includes the hard stuff, finances, home repairs, kids, schooling, disagreements, family drama and all the other honest fair but hard work that comes with having a marriage and family.

You will never be able to compare to a woman who is fun, out going, childless (even if only when together). A woman that has no chores for him to do, bills to chat about or obligations for him to be at.. She is the dating you, all the fun you had before the complicated stuff and without the responsibility.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if what you ask is normal, understandable and fair. If he compares you to even just 1 other woman you will look like more work.  

It kind of makes me wonder if you should ever get married and if you do are you more than likely doomed?? Not because you married a bad person or you are a bad person yourself but because easier is well easy and everyone else SEEMS easy in comparison;)

CJEMMEMOMMY- didn't mean to be anon

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM
7 moms liked this

Sadly, that makes perfect sense. I won't say it's as exscuse to cheat. But I get what you are saying.

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

LIFE is work. having a good spouse makes it easier and more fun. at least that's how we look at it. it's nice to have someone you trust, who you know will come pick you up if you get a flat, or understand why you were pissed after that phonecall with a coworker. i think having someone like that around is an improvement to life.. a fun fling offers none of that.

smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
It isn't an excuse to cheat. It's a reason not to marry, though. I don't blame anyone who doesn't think marriage is for them.
kagegirl
1 mom liked this

Luckily, SO is actually TIRED of the easy relationships and now, he holds up all his exes against me and sees where they lacked for him. He loves being a family man, and for whatever reason, worships me, whether I deserve it or not!! I am so lucky. I think I will go kiss him now.

But you make an excellent point, and those who are being cheated on would do well to read this and know it is not their fault. No matter what the bastard says. 

justahousewife

Not everyone takes the easy route. Some appreciate the hard work it takes to stay healthy and happy. It's like the difference in growing your own food vs going to McD's. 

caramel85
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Your relationship as a couple will always be one that includes the hard stuff, finances, home repairs, kids, schooling, disagreements, family drama and all the other honest fair but hard work that comes with having a marriage and family.

I have all this without the marriage certificate,lol. I think wives have it easier if their husbands decide to cheat and leave cause then they can easily file for spousal support and eventually alimony. I'm not worried about those things I'm too independent to rely on a man's money.

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't agree at all. I am  fun, outgoing, interesting, independant, and I'm the mother of his children. His family like me, and his kids like me,, lol, who's going to compete with that?

They say affairs happen, not because of sex, but because of how she makes him feel. Make sure your husband knows that you love him, admire him, respect him and be nice to him, he'll never stray.

hunnybunny2001
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Yeah it makes sense to me also.. I still think cheating is disgusting but I understand what you are saying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think its a good excuse to cheat either but as a wife I do feel a bit doomed. He doesn't have to be a horrible man to decide one day that I am just a lot more work than fun. I am fun, we laugh together and we get along but I am a lot of work, our life is work, our children are work, our goals, jobs, future planning.. WORK!

I can see how easy it would be, if only for a while to get caught up in the fun parts of relationships:(( What is a wife to do?

ETA. this can be for the wife as well, I am sure woman feel this way as well. How as a couple do you keep the real life stuff from over taking?

Quoting malibucj:

Sadly, that makes perfect sense. I won't say it's as exscuse to cheat. But I get what you are saying.

jellybeanjean
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
It make sense- what you write op. I hope most men (husbands) aren't so moronic that they can't see the truth. Its a whole other ball game when you choose to have a life together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN