Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To save money

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

When we go to the movies I bring in my purse our water bottles and our own popcorn that I make at home.. Is that bad? We also try to find the coupons that get us two adult tickets for a child's price so that we only pay three children's tickets instead of two adult tickets.. We save at least $19.00... Is that being cheap? We are not poor or borke by any means, but we are trying really hard to save money and I dont see this as a bad thing.  Do you ?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

If you can't afford to go to the movies without breaking the rules just rent videos and stay home.  Or, watch tv.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

nope, i think its smart! the movies are so expensive

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I often bring a water bottle too. Sometimes a ziplock with a snack. I usually buy their popcorn though.
LilliesValley
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM

We only go to the movies once or twice a year. It's a big treat, so I spring and buy everything there. Dd knows it a big deal and appreciates it more. We use redbox the rest of the time and pop popcorn at home then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM

she just basicaLLY said she can she just wants to save money

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can't afford to go to the movies without breaking the rules just rent videos and stay home.  Or, watch tv.

yayay15
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM
No. The prices at the theater are ridiculous and I bring my own water. The popcorn is a treat that we always get but I refuse to buy drinks, candy and especially water !!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Well, the problem is that movie theaters only really make money through concessions. So if they aren't selling concessions, they aren't making money. If everyone did that, theaters would have a hard time staying open.

I always decide that going out to the movies is going to be expensive. It's a treat, and we don't do it often. We buy concessions and just enjoy our sinfully-unhealthy popcorn and movie. If we don't want to spend money, we go to a matinee after lunch and don't get concessions.

momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM

if its wrong them sweetie, i'm wrong too because thats what i do, i take the kids juice and water for me and my hubby and some snacks, the prices are ridiculous

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM

i always bring my own stuff to the movies.. not that we really go more than once a year or so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Thats just silly.  If she could afford it she would do it the right way.  Saying I can, I just don't want too, is just like an addict that can stop whenever they Want too.  (denial)

Quoting Anonymous:

she just basicaLLY said she can she just wants to save money

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)