Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has anyone noticed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
an over breeding of pitbulls? in my area there are sooooo many and they are so abundant, and no one wants them! so they all end up in shelters. its sad really! and i dont mean like stray cats that breed, i mean like these people are purposely breeding them for money!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. And then no one takes them because you can't find an apt that will let you keep them or you have a kid and it makes you nervous so they get dumped. It's sad.
Chaos1229
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Not really in my area people have them however they are few and far between in the shelter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM

yeah i was just reading that post to!  i felt bad and took in a pit puppy and now idk if i can keep her bc no one will rent to me and we HAVE TO move and i dont wanna end up homeless.  im trying real hard! but damn its not easy.  my husband use to live down south and he says down there people will buy them fighting. my husband use to own a rescue for those fighting pits, he would buy them and then put them in good homes, (there are steps he takes to make sure they wont go back into fighing) but up here in ny they dont use them for fighting and thats what i think they are breeding them for

Quoting Snakecharm:

Yep. And then no one takes them because you can't find an apt that will let you keep them or you have a kid and it makes you nervous so they get dumped. It's sad.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I have seen it too thought lots who are called pits are not pits.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Yah. I don't understand people who pay money for "purebreed" pitbulls (or chihuahas for that matter); our county has dozens of them in the shelter. 75% of the dog population is either Pits; Amstaffs or Chis. A friend of mine paid $400 for a "pure bred fawn" pitbull... wtf.... I got my "Purebred Fawn Pitbull" at the shelter for $75; and he was already trained.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM

thats good to hear! i went to a shelter here one time and there were nothing but pit bulls! i see it all the time on craigslist, i see it on fb how people are breeding them and cant get rid of them and if they dont sell them they will have to be in a shelter! ITS NOT THE DOGS FAULT PEOPLE ARE DUMB~!
Quoting Chaos1229:

Not really in my area people have them however they are few and far between in the shelter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM

i got my pure bred blue pit for 50 dollars, some people sell them for like 500 bcks thats insane!

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Yah. I don't understand people who pay money for "purebreed" pitbulls (or chihuahas for that matter); our county has dozens of them in the shelter. 75% of the dog population is either Pits; Amstaffs or Chis. A friend of mine paid $400 for a "pure bred fawn" pitbull... wtf.... I got my "Purebred Fawn Pitbull" at the shelter for $75; and he was already trained.

Chaos1229
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Oh I understand before I moved back the place I lived was overran with pits.

Quoting Anonymous:

thats good to hear! i went to a shelter here one time and there were nothing but pit bulls! i see it all the time on craigslist, i see it on fb how people are breeding them and cant get rid of them and if they dont sell them they will have to be in a shelter! ITS NOT THE DOGS FAULT PEOPLE ARE DUMB~!
Quoting Chaos1229:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM

i know a pit when i see one, thats how i know what i see are pits, i have 2 of my own, but thats not saying pepole who say they are pits are! bc ur right!

Quoting laranadtony:

I have seen it too thought lots who are called pits are not pits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM

i did ask why so many people have pit bulls and someone told me bc thety are the "cool dog" at the moment! ok so when they re no longer the cool dog, what are u gonna do?

Quoting Chaos1229:

Oh I understand before I moved back the place I lived was overran with pits.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Chaos1229:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)