Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has anyone noticed

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
an over breeding of pitbulls? in my area there are sooooo many and they are so abundant, and no one wants them! so they all end up in shelters. its sad really! and i dont mean like stray cats that breed, i mean like these people are purposely breeding them for money!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I know!! And people buy them!! Thats the insane part!

Quoting Anonymous:

i got my pure bred blue pit for 50 dollars, some people sell them for like 500 bcks thats insane!

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Yah. I don't understand people who pay money for "purebreed" pitbulls (or chihuahas for that matter); our county has dozens of them in the shelter. 75% of the dog population is either Pits; Amstaffs or Chis. A friend of mine paid $400 for a "pure bred fawn" pitbull... wtf.... I got my "Purebred Fawn Pitbull" at the shelter for $75; and he was already trained.

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Yup. I've been looking for a dog and it seems people breed to sell them and they are all that's on the shelters
smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:42 PM
There is definitely an abundance of pits on CL and eBay classifieds for this area, yes. I have noticed.
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw a dog in person that looked like it even had any mix of pit in it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM

yeah idk why, you ever go on craigslist and see how much some people charbge for any animal honestly? i see mutts on there going for 600 bucks for a rehoming fee! i can see covering shots and vet visits but god damn! its all about making a profit from your "pet"  you hear alot of "im moving and i cant take her, im so sad"  and alot of "i need to find a really good home for my pit, she needs to be out by tomorrow a small rehoming fee of 500 dollars please"  i feel bad for the pet not the person at all! i would NEVER sell my pets for that much idc how much family they are, you dont sell your kids. why sell your pets that you consider kids or so you say! 

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Quoting Anonymous:

i got my pure bred blue pit for 50 dollars, some people sell them for like 500 bcks thats insane!

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Yah. I don't understand people who pay money for "purebreed" pitbulls (or chihuahas for that matter); our county has dozens of them in the shelter. 75% of the dog population is either Pits; Amstaffs or Chis. A friend of mine paid $400 for a "pure bred fawn" pitbull... wtf.... I got my "Purebred Fawn Pitbull" at the shelter for $75; and he was already trained.

smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I do have to say, though, that in the shelter here it is very nearly an even tie between hound mixes & pit/bully breed mixes. The smaller breeds are the minority at the shelter for this area.
Marimaru
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Are you sure they are pit bulls?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM

i cant remember the last time i saw one that didnt! i think its all about where you are living as well!

Quoting mrsbrand:

I can't remember the last time I saw a dog in person that looked like it even had any mix of pit in it.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Yah... I don't believe those posts; they are in it for the money.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah idk why, you ever go on craigslist and see how much some people charbge for any animal honestly? i see mutts on there going for 600 bucks for a rehoming fee! i can see covering shots and vet visits but god damn! its all about making a profit from your "pet"  you hear alot of "im moving and i cant take her, im so sad"  and alot of "i need to find a really good home for my pit, she needs to be out by tomorrow a small rehoming fee of 500 dollars please"  i feel bad for the pet not the person at all! i would NEVER sell my pets for that much idc how much family they are, you dont sell your kids. why sell your pets that you consider kids or so you say! 

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM

the ones i own or the ones im seeing being bred? to answer both, yes bc we have papers, and yes  bc they look 100 percent pit bull and most people have papers!  i mean im sure theres a chance there isnt, but i cant getr a dog around here unless its at least called a pit

Quoting Marimaru:

Are you sure they are pit bulls?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN