Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has anyone noticed

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
an over breeding of pitbulls? in my area there are sooooo many and they are so abundant, and no one wants them! so they all end up in shelters. its sad really! and i dont mean like stray cats that breed, i mean like these people are purposely breeding them for money!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM

All of my dogs are rescues. My APBT is from someone who was going to surrender her dog to the shelter. I told her I'd take her instead.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you try a shelter? I got my APBT from a shelter; they constantly had them there.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

No. Most of the time when I see someone advertising "Pit Bulls". They are either 1)those overgrown mongrels or 2) mixed breed dogs with big heads. I was looking for an APBT breeder for a year and could only find hippo breeders.  I haven't seen a true APBT in a long time. I have one but even she is not to standard because of that one ear. My Pit mix could pass off as a pure APBT but DNA says he's mixed with Staffy. People wouldn't know an APBT if it bit them on the nose but they are breeding random mutts and labeling them 'Pit Bulls' or 'pitbulls' as many of you spell it.  Only time I see them is when the ASPCA breaks up fighting rings and then, those dogs are killed. 

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Not in our area. It seems like all we ever see are golden retrievers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Oh okay. It's pretty cool; at our shelter they dna test most of the dogs; so you actually know what youre buying

Quoting AliKatAK47:

All of my dogs are rescues. My APBT is from someone who was going to surrender her dog to the shelter. I told her I'd take her instead.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you try a shelter? I got my APBT from a shelter; they constantly had them there.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

No. Most of the time when I see someone advertising "Pit Bulls". They are either 1)those overgrown mongrels or 2) mixed breed dogs with big heads. I was looking for an APBT breeder for a year and could only find hippo breeders.  I haven't seen a true APBT in a long time. I have one but even she is not to standard because of that one ear. My Pit mix could pass off as a pure APBT but DNA says he's mixed with Staffy. People wouldn't know an APBT if it bit them on the nose but they are breeding random mutts and labeling them 'Pit Bulls' or 'pitbulls' as many of you spell it.  Only time I see them is when the ASPCA breaks up fighting rings and then, those dogs are killed. 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM

You got your dog from a breeder? Wouldn't that mean you pretty much added to the problem you are posting about? 

Quoting Anonymous:

like i said idk i know mine had dna done and we have papers!  maybe these people are just saying it i cant speak for them! but i know if they are in a shelter around here they do a dna test so that confirms it for them!

Quoting AliKatAK47:

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I've never seen that. Usually they just take a wild guess. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh okay. It's pretty cool; at our shelter they dna test most of the dogs; so you actually know what youre buying

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM

i never see g.r here at all! and i really want one! 

Quoting KaylinC03:

Not in our area. It seems like all we ever see are golden retrievers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM

It's a smaller shelter; it's actually a shelter that is dedicated only to drop-offs; not dogs picked up off the street. So the relinquisment fee; goes to a dna test; unless the dog has papers; sadly; I've been seeing more and more papered dogs be dropped off recently. That being said; we only have a max of 50 dogs at a time in the shelter. So that's why we are able to do it.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:08 PM

not really in my area we been getting a sting of pitbull killings and not just oh they shot them no theses sick fucks are stabbing burning beating , tieing them to the back of car and dragging them down the street disembowling of puppies as well as mommy and just other horrid things

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:10 PM

they do it here to all shelters i been to have done a dna test to insure what the dog breed is bc certain people cant buy certain breeds!  and they are all pits i saw only one massiff

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Almost all the dogs at our shelter have some pit in them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN